air bag help

MysticDan

Established Member
I installed my raptor shift light and wideband yesterday and now the air bag light on the dash stays on. Some help would be appreciated as ive never had this happen before.Thanks

M240Bravo

Established Member
You must have cut a wire or tap in to the wrong one. If you didn't play under the front bumper thats what my guess would be.

cobracide

Established Member
You've probably tappled the wrong wire. Pin 26 - Green with white stripe for the rpm. Just got done with my second install last weekend.

http://www.raptorperformance.com/Installations/Ford/Mustang/mustang_1999to2004.htm

Connector%20&%20wires.jpg

Power -

12%20volt%20source.jpg

Ground -

Ground%20wire%20location.jpg

Last edited:

MysticDan

Established Member
I got the one with launch mode spliced white/orange strip. Maybe mess with the ecu did somthing. What about under the dash anything under there, thats were a hid my wideband wires

cobracide

Established Member
You DID disconnect the battery before you started, yes? On a '97 its black connector... Pin #5 Black and Grey wire. That's all I found. I'd give raptor performance a call to identify the vss wire.

Last edited:

MysticDan

Established Member
Yea i did disconect the battery, whenever i mess with electrical i do. It stays on steady

Steve2050

Established Member
Check all fuses, check connections at the airbag cont. module(located in the trans tunnel forward of radio).

Users who are viewing this thread