Aiming Headlights

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
After my wreck my headlights were never aimed. I cranked down on one of the post nut things and I can now see at night, but they're not lined up correctly with the corners (huge gap). Are there measurements somewhere from the base of the threaded post to where the plastic nut would be? Or can someone measure theirs?

I have tried so many times, but usually get pissed and scratch my surround. Now I know to tape it off.

Thanks in advance.

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
Lights

Pull auto up to wall or garage find the center of the lights and put tape in a cross pattern horizontal and vertical where the physical center of your lights is at the crossing of the two pieces of tape. Back up 25 feet... adjust light so it is exactly at the lower inboard part of the cross, covering the tape also. This is what I read at a website I found awhile ago, that I cant find anymore...

The is a tool you can buy to use to adjust ford lights...@ redhillsupply.com, search "Headlight Adjusting Ratchet for Ford #14540".... $14.71

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
Tool is made by Lisle and it makes adjusting the lights a cake, you can adjust the lights installed. If i recall, the rubber nubs are close to the end of the screw..about 3/4 the way. The top adjust is for height and the side is for the spread.

Users who are viewing this thread