aiming headlights

Dekorum

Established Member
I have the same exact question.
It looks as if the only way would be to take out the headlights and adjust the screws.
How do you do it?

Dekorum

Established Member
So how do you adjust them?
You have to take out the headlights and then adjust the screws?
It seems that the screws must be in a certain place for the screw to completely get through to the other side ..

uofipilot

Established Member
Mine were a pita to get in and line up with the corners. It took alot of pissing around with them. A 1 hour tops job probably took about 8 because I didnt stop till they looked right. I didn;t put pack a few of the black plastic grommet things and it seemd to help.

Now they just point way too high and you have to loosen the corners to get at the adjusting screw for the headlighs, so I cant see shit at night.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
ya my right left one pretty much points straight at the ground a few feet in front of the car. Wicked annoying but I dont feel like taking the headlights back out.

Last edited:

bvysochin

Established Member
One hour job that took 8 hours? Wtf? :eek:

You take a long phillips screwdriver and stick it between the headlight/corner and turn to the right to go down, and to the left to go up.. Takes.. maybe.. 30 seconds?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member

You take a long phillips screwdriver and stick it between the headlight/corner and turn to the right to go down, and to the left to go up.. Takes.. maybe.. 30 seconds?

You may be thinking about the New Edge ones, the SN-95's adjust with a socket wrench.

You don't have to take out the lights to adjust them, put them in and then you can get a socket wrench with a little socket onto the silver posts that stick out the back and turn them to adjust where the light aims.

bvysochin

Established Member
No.

The new edge ones adjust ontop of the light, also using a phillips screwdriver. They are far easier than SN95's.

You're on the right track though, follow that silver post forward, towards the front of the car, all the way through the headlight mounting panel and see what's on the end of it. You will have to look closely between the corner and the headlight. You will see a black, plastic opening for a phillips to fit into. This is the way to adjust them. You're basically doing the same thing by turning the end of the silver post, but the proper way to adjust them is how I mentioned in my previous post..

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I doubt if either your way of my way are the "proper" ways of doing it as they are both doing the exact same thing only your way is adjusting the bottom of the housing and my way is adjusting the top. With my way you can also adjust the inside of the housing right next to the grille to set how far left or right the headlights are shooting which is nice.

uofipilot

Established Member

When I put my new lights in, it took a long time because they wouldn't line up with each other and the body of the car (not where the light beam is aimed). After I finally got them to line up with each other and the body, there isn't enough room to slide a screwdriver in between the headlamp and the corner. I know how to do it, but its going to be a pita and I dont really want to take the time.

NA97GT

Established Member
I just bought new headlights and getting them lined up right fn sucks man.
Do any of yuo guys have pics of your lights insalled so I can compare mine to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread