Ahhhhhh!!!!! I really miss my car!!!!

NastyWS6

Established Member
:( Hopefully you can find another one. I know it is not the same as the one you lost but hopefully you can get another.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
You aren't alone but it still stinks, you had a SWEET Cobra, darn thieves!! Happened to me with a nice Vortech blown '89 Coupe. The car was finally found completely stripped behind a barn, the low lifes who stole it flipped it on it's side with tractor after they stripped the interior and took the whole driveline from under the car by torching it off. I'd be beyond angry if that happened to my Cobra!!

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
recovered stolen cobra

I was just wondering if they ever found your car and if this is it or if anyone knew this car ? Its at a insurance auction in the SF Bay area.Should be easy to I.D. with the number 145 on the bumper.
:(
10507393_1X.JPG

Last edited:

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Re: recovered stolen cobra

Originally posted by cobr96
I was just wondering if they ever found your car and if this is it or if anyone knew this car ? Its at a insurance auction in the SF Bay area.Should be easy to I.D. with the number 145 on the bumper.
:(
10507393_1X.JPG

Well, still nothing has been found on mine, but the one in that pic is a Saleen, not a cobra. Thankfully its not mine.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
No its a 93 cobra , I have the vin # for it and it still has the rear cobra spoiler and rear disk brakes. I have seen alot of non saleens running around with numbers on the bumper, just thought someone might have put their cobra build # on it?

83gt5.0

Established Member
just thought someone might have put their cobra build # on it?

I was considering doing that actually. I had not ever seen it before. Maybe it brings bad luck like this guy got!:nonono:

I think it looks kind of cool, with the actual build number of course.

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by cobr96
No its a 93 cobra , I have the vin # for it and it still has the rear cobra spoiler and rear disk brakes. I have seen alot of non saleens running around with numbers on the bumper, just thought someone might have put their cobra build # on it?

So can can you post the vin# please?

gts95

Established Member
that car is on its way to TX. Alot of '93 theft recovery Cobra's run through the salvage auctions in CA. I've bought three from the bay area myself.

If your car did not have that number on the bumper you can probably conclude its not your car.

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Well, who knows what was done to my car after it was stolen. Funny thing is, about 3 months ago i thought i saw it. I saw a black 93 cobra with a broken tail light. Mine had a broken tail light because 3 nights before it was stolen, someone tried to steal the tail lights. Then i talked to someone in my automotive class about a week later who said someone in the area that i saw that cobra was trying to sell him a cobra engine. Now the thing that bugs me is people dont go buying stuff to change their standard 5.0 engine to a cobra then go selling it, and i dont think anyone who had a legit cobra would sell the engine seeing how the car is worth more stock. Now, whoeever stole my car may have changed the way it looks somewhat so as to not get too many looks. All i wanted was the vin#, but i guess i wont get that. You said its a cobra from the bay area, and i know everyone who has a black cobra in the area and all of them still have theirs, so i was kinda curious.

gts95

Established Member
Hey, I saw you posted your VIN in another thread....sorry, but its not even close to this one (last 6 digits start with 144xxx). I did a Carfax, this car had just come to CA from Ohio like two months before it was stolen! It showed to have been in MN most of its life....from new to 2002. If anyone knows of this car I would like to hear from them.
I hope they find your car....from what I have seen sell at the salvage auctions in CA most seem to be recovered as rolling shells.
Thanks.

Lethal Cobra

Established Member
ya i had someone steal it back 2 days after i bought my 93.. I think it was the guy who sold it to me.. funny thing is he has a red one exactly like it with the same black cloth interior with all billet accesories. Coincidence... i dont think so :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread