Ahhhh, Fuel Injector Madness, please help

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
Ok, so I am going to go online and find a good place to find 42lb. injectors to fit my car. I found rpmoutlet which sells them at a fair price about $35 a piece. Well then I found some at Ford Racing Parts Dealers that were "Flowed" and "Matched Set" with extremely higher prices for what seems to be the same injector. Can I just get 8 of them from rpmoutlet or how important is it to get the matched set from a dealer and wtf is a "flowed" injector and why is it even more higher, the difference depending on where you go seems to be in excess of $100...thanks for the input

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I think it means that they have each been put on a computer and measured and tweaked to give the EXACT amount of fuel they are said to give. With the regular ones there might be a little difference from injector to injector.

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
so is this very important? what has everybody else went with? I just don't want to pay an extra $100 dollars more if it isn't necessary cause that money could be spent on better things...you know what I mean?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
it is important on a max power engine.

if one injector flows only say 38lb/hr and another flows 44lb/hr and they are on the same bank, your overall a/f may read ok, but one cylinder is gonna be rich and the other will be lean.

they are flowed to make sure they actually flow the rated amount and matched so that they all flow very close to the same amount.

my 60s were flowmatched and i paid a little extra for them.

most 42s are pretty good being that they are used for the factory stock lightnings, so id say you could skip it, but keep a good eye on your plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread