Votes: 105 77.8%
  • Harley

Votes: 30 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
I have been looking for a new toy for sometime and even though it's almost winter I really want a bike. I have narrowed my choices down to...

2007 Kawasaki 0 Miles
___07KAWI_MC_018.jpg

2008 Harley 1200 Custom or Low 0 Miles
2008_Harley-Davidson_Sportster_1200Roadster.jpg

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Completely different riding styles. Pick whichever one best suits you. For me, it's a Harley cruiser all the way but it's not for everyone. Be well, have fun and ride safe.

93lx

Established Member
Completely different riding styles. Pick whichever one best suits you. For me, it's a Harley cruiser all the way but it's not for everyone. Be well, have fun and ride safe.

Exactly right..go test drive some see what you like more i guess. There are a lot more bike out there than Harley's if you go that route, check out Victory's that pretty cool bikes as well.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I have no idea but the harley looks pretty lame.

Orange Peel

Established Member
You know harley has a crotch rocket also,It's called a BUELL. IF you want soething alittle wilder a Vrod fits the bill look at the blacked out version with redline wheels?

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
oh man please dont buy a buell, the ugliest sport bike made... and they are down on power big time. however those are 2 completely diff bikes you are looking at. figure out what kind of riding you want to do and buy the bike that fits your style... good luck and be safe

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's really personal opinion, those are two completely different animals.

V rod sounds pretty cool.

:coolman:

Last edited:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I know what you are going through. I got my motorcycle license a few weeks ago and have been shopping around. When it comes to Harleys, I really like the Fat Boy, Fat Bob, and the Night Train Special, but I like crotch rockets just as much. I want to get an 07 GSX-R600 in the black and blue. The crotch rockets can be had for half to a third of the Harley price. Cruising around on a Harley (with an aftermarket exhaust) sure would be sweet, but I would love to get a sport bike to hit some of the local tracks.

Gosh.... it sure is tough! Good luck and post pictures of the bike you actually get. :beer:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Your best option is to ride both, as extensively as they'll let you.

Obviously this means needing your license.

I got into a lightweight, underpowered cruiser as my first bike. I found the riding style to be detrimental and unsafe for me personally. So in the spring I will be switching to a sport bike.

Bikes are dangerous enough as it is, then add in a bike or riding style that you aren't comfortable on, and it gets worse.

My advice is to not rush a purchase, make sure you've got an MSF course under your belt, and choose the bike that you feel most comfortable riding.

Orange Peel

Established Member
I know what you are going through. I got my motorcycle license a few weeks ago and have been shopping around. When it comes to Harleys, I really like the Fat Boy, Fat Bob, and the Night Train Special, but I like crotch rockets just as much. I want to get an 07 GSX-R600 in the black and blue. The crotch rockets can be had for half to a third of the Harley price. Cruising around on a Harley (with an aftermarket exhaust) sure would be sweet, but I would love to get a sport bike to hit some of the local tracks.

Gosh.... it sure is tough! Good luck and post pictures of the bike you actually get. :beer:

Remember that the bikes are a 1/3 the cost but there retentive value is also 1/3 less, found this out when I bought my first crotch rocket 1991 cbr600.

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
The Harley would cost a little over 9k but the Kawi would be 6.5k. I have been watching Sons of Anarchy a lot lately so I have been getting more and more into Harleys hahaha. I have ridden dirt bikes before but never a bike on the road and I know it is COMPLETELY different. I am signed up for a bike course and it gets 10% off my insurance.

Might just say **** it and get a 2008 CBR1000RR for 8k.
08____HON__MC___D1___019.jpg

But I would rather not jump on a 1000 for my first bike.

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Eh I would get a sport bike, but that's a personal choice. Like others said, go with what suits you best. Ride both bikes and see which you like better.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
I was going to type something, but then I had to go change my pants after seeing dead eye's viper again...

oh yea... Crotch rocket all the way. My first bike was a 05 gsxr 1000. As long as you are careful and respect the power, you will be fine.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Harley, but not the one you listed.

Get a 2 year old VROD, chances are you can find one with super low miles for 10-12k, maybe less.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
crotch rocket. get a 1000 or bigger and make sure you like the way it feels. maybe a zx-14 or busa if your worried about your riding position.

Users who are viewing this thread