Agressive offsets?

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Aggressive offsets?

Hey everyone,

This may be a relative question since everyone will have a different opinion on what's "aggressive" and what isn't. Anywho, can anyone tell me if the following setup would produce "poke" or a "flush" fitment on the front of a 2011+ 5.0??:

20X9 with a +28 offset and the tires would be 255/35/20. Lowered on FRPP K's

I know the factory Brembo wheels are a 19X9 with a +45 offset and the tires are 255/40/19. With that being said, I have calculated that the 20X9 +28 setup would extend out an extra 17mm.

I was thinking about possibly getting a hand full of 1/2" diameter steel washers from the hardware store. Stack them up 17mm in height and then sliding each stack over the wheel studs and then mount the wheel. That would theoretically act just like a 17mm spacer and would show me how much extra the +28 offset would "push" out compared to the Brembo wheel setup.

And of course I would NOT drive the car with the "makeshift" 17mm spacer made from washers. IMHO I think it would be perfectly fine for them to be mounted like that for less than a minute for measuring purposes.

Opinions/Suggestions??

-Nick

Last edited:

08mojo

Established Member
I'm running a 255/35/20 on a 20x9 +35 offset, and it is not a flush fitment but I would not want to go too much more aggressive. 28 would be flush with the fender, but I'd be worried about the tire smashing the fender on an inclined turn.

Jonny_88

Established Member
You won't be able to grab very much thread if any on the lug nuts with your 17mm spacer. 8mms are borderline for driving on. I don't know if I would feel safe sitting my car down with only a couple of threads grabbing.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Just curious why your looking to go all "1984" with your car?

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume your referring to a "Stormship Tropper from Star Wars"?? Can't think of cars in "1984" having a flush wheel setups, LOL.

If so, it has nothing to do with that, LOL. I just like the white/black contrast look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread