Aftermarket wheels on 07 S197 w/ TPMS

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
I am looking at installing 18X9 and 18X10 bullitt deep dish rims on my 07 GT but i keep hearing about the TPMS sensors and how you cant install them on aftermarket rims which will cause the computer to throw a code, thus a light will be on in your dash forever. Is there anyway to avoid this? I want to install the wheels with BFG KDW 2's and also want to keep the TPMS functional, what do I need to do?

grendel

Established Member
I am looking at installing 18X9 and 18X10 bullitt deep dish rims on my 07 GT but i keep hearing about the TPMS sensors and how you cant install them on aftermarket rims which will cause the computer to throw a code, thus a light will be on in your dash forever. Is there anyway to avoid this? I want to install the wheels with BFG KDW 2's and also want to keep the TPMS functional, what do I need to do?

just get new bands for the new wheels and the sensors will snap into them.

grendel

Established Member
we have them they just are not listed i think they are aound 25 for the set. just give them a call

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
should i expect my local tire shop to be able to transfer the sensors using your bands with no problems?

grendel

Established Member
they should be able to without a problem, it is pretty much a big hose clams with a bracket the sensor fits in

Users who are viewing this thread