Aftermarket voltmeter worth it? Sound System Q

Solo500

Established Member
Getting a 12" subwoofer with an amplifier and wanted to know if an aftermarket gauge is worth it? The stock gauge SEEMS to work but I just want to make sure I know where the voltage is at. Also, can anyone recommend some good quality or audiophile components for the front?

99cobra302

Established Member
Getting a 12" subwoofer with an amplifier and wanted to know if an aftermarket gauge is worth it? The stock gauge SEEMS to work but I just want to make sure I know where the voltage is at. Also, can anyone recommend some good quality or audiophile components for the front?

i would say that its not nessacary, i have one cause i had a gauge pod that fit 3 gauges and i only wanted 2. the volt meter was far cheaper than a wideband though. so i wouldnt put just a voltmeter in.

as far as the components go...depends on how much you want to spend. look here for speakers though. that site is much cheaper than going to your local stereo shop or best buy. but if your price range is right around 200-300 then i would look into:
Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS (tsc720prs) 6-3/4" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
JBL C608GTI 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
Diamond Audio S600s-07 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
JL Audio XR650-CSi (xr650csi) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

but the best thing to do would be to visit the local places, listen to as many different speakers as possible, then buy from that site.

Solo500

Established Member
Thanks man, I think I'll go with the PRS system. Pioneer is pretty respected, the sensitivity is high and it doesn't weigh much at all. I assume the tweeters fit in the stock 460 housings? As far as gauges go I'm going with the 3 gauge pod with wideband, volts, and oil pressure.... unless anyone has any other ideas for what I should use instead of volts.

99cobra302

Established Member
Thanks man, I think I'll go with the PRS system. Pioneer is pretty respected, the sensitivity is high and it doesn't weigh much at all. I assume the tweeters fit in the stock 460 housings? As far as gauges go I'm going with the 3 gauge pod with wideband, volts, and oil pressure.... unless anyone has any other ideas for what I should use instead of volts.

the tweeters will fit as longs as you make an adapter plate...the mach 460 tweeters are 3" speakers.

i would say maybe water temp or fuel pressue over voltage gauge, but like i said, voltage gauge's are cheaper so its a good trade off.

Users who are viewing this thread