aftermarket transmission mounts?

exdeath

Established Member
Having a hard time locating a urethane transmission mount. All the ones I've seen have special footnotes that specifically excluded "Cobra with IRS" or "2003-2004 Cobra with 6 speed".

Any ideas? A combo pack with urethane motor mounts would be welcome.

MVD

Established Member
I am confused here.......have you ever looked under your car?? There is no "dampner" between the trans and crossmember. The trans is bolted right to the crossmember.

So are you trying to loosen things up??

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
I am confused here.......have you ever looked under your car?? There is no "dampner" between the trans and crossmember. The trans is bolted right to the crossmember.

So are you trying to loosen things up??

There is a rubber mount in that crossmember. I was poking at it and squishing it with my fingers when I had it out for my clutch this weekend. You can grab the part that bolts to the trans and the part that bolts to the body and rock them independently.

Looking to firm up shifts, take up some drive line slop, eliminate the side to side rocking in the shifter on accel/decel, etc. This of course in conjunction with motor mounts and a plethora of other suspension components, but this is the part I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread