aftermarket tranny mount for T56?

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I will be pulling the tranny shortly to fix the TOB...again. This time I would like to install a poly transmission mount while I am at it, but I am not finding one for the Terminator application. I liked the improvement it made to my last mustang. Anyone have any info or where to buy?

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
It stiffens up the driveline, especially on cars w/ a lot of torque. You could acheive this with motor mounts as well, but I prefer the tranny mount as it limits the amount of [idle] engine shake transmitted to the chassis. Vibration is actually increased a little because of this, but allows you to get more seat-of-the-pants throttle response from the tighter driveline. Its not a huge difference, but noticeable and worth doing (IMO) if you have to pull the tranny anyway. I wouldn't go thru the trouble just to put the mount in.

That sucks if no one makes a unit for the Terminator.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Postban,
Do you have the engine mounts in your car? If so, how do you like them? I might consider installing only one of the poly engine mounts to acheive my goal. Don't know that I would do both unless I hear engine shake is not excessively transmitted with them. I've never experienced a car with poly engine mounts before. Your thoughts?

everyman

smoke 'em
Energy Suspension now makes a trans mount and you can also get it in a package with motor mounts.

Part Numbers are 4.1128 and 4.1130

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Thanks for the info, everyman. Unfortunately, I already had the tranny work completed. It'll have to wait on another opportunity...

Users who are viewing this thread