aftermarket throttle body for Phase 2 supercharger-equipped '16 Mustang GT

Darth Racer

Established Member
I was told I would need a larger TB to yield the best power gains from my Roush Phase 2 (727 HP) supercharger that I dad a dealer install on my '16 mustang GT. It was part of thier promotion of buy a SC for a GT for 40K special. It's also apparent I'll need a much better tune, as well.

What do you guys recommend for the TB?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I never heard of needing a larger TB for the Roush kit. Although, Whipple is running a 132mm TB, and they are making killer power. But, it depends on tune as well.
Keep us posted.

Darth Racer

Established Member
I never heard of needing a larger TB for the Roush kit. Although, Whipple is running a 132mm TB, and they are making killer power. But, it depends on tune as well.
Keep us posted.

The car is running about a second slower and 10 mph slower than it should in the 1/4 mile. Its' just not making the power. Even with Advance Trac off, the factory tune is pulling power. Very frustrating. It was the dealer who suggested the larger TB & tune and told me to contact Justin at VMP. I emailed him, but he never responded.

demas

Established Member
There is only option and it's the VMP 67mm TwinJet TB. It's perfect.
Oh, and get a tune from Ken@PalmBeachDyno
I best remote/dyno tunes ever

Last edited:

Darth Racer

Established Member
Thanks for the info. The car is in Wichita, KS. I had planned on taking it to the Wichita Dyno performance shop later in November (I'm on a contract at Gulfstream in Savannah). I'm sure he's aware of all the great tunes available. As I stated earlier, I can't get a hold of Justin. He must be too busy.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The car is running about a second slower and 10 mph slower than it should in the 1/4 mile. Its' just not making the power. Even with Advance Trac off, the factory tune is pulling power. Very frustrating. It was the dealer who suggested the larger TB & tune and told me to contact Justin at VMP. I emailed him, but he never responded.
There is only option and it's the VMP 67mm TwinJet TB. It's perfect.
Oh, and get a tune from Ken@PalmBeachDyno
I best remote/dyno tunes ever
^^This!!

Thanks for the info. The car is in Wichita, KS. I had planned on taking it to the Wichita Dyno performance shop later in November (I'm on a contract at Gulfstream in Savannah). I'm sure he's aware of all the great tunes available. As I stated earlier, I can't get a hold of Justin. He must be too busy.
I can put you in touch with someone else that works there if that works for you?
Let me know through PM. He and I were actually chatting online earlier today.

Flippmode

Lifes too short to drive boring cars!
Established Member
I had a phase,2 kit and went with a Vmp tune and 67 Throttle TB night day different I ran 11.2 at 131 with a bad 60 feet Fyi Justin told me will be coming out with a 72mm TB very soon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a phase,2 kit and went with a Vmp tune and 67 Throttle TB night day different I ran 11.2 at 131 with a bad 60 feet Fyi Justin told me will be coming out with a 72mm TB very soon

Seriously about the 72mm TB? Where did you hear of this?

Flippmode

Lifes too short to drive boring cars!
Established Member
Yes sir,I was told by Justin over the phone told me 72mm TB is coming out very soon also I was interested in upgrading my tvs roush/ford racing head unit to a VMP TVS GEN II and was told that we will be seeing soon a new VMP head unit Justin told me its in testing phase now I have decided to wait for new head unit should be purity nice gains with both TB/head unit combined together Lol sweet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread