Aftermarket Shifter Question

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm in the market for a shifter for my 2014 GT. I know everyone says to go with an MGW, but I was wondering, are there any MT82 shifters available that have adjustable shift stop screws?

I haven't bought a shifter since the MGW I purchased for my old '96 Cobra 5+ years ago, and it had shift stop screws I could adjust to prevent shifting too hard and damaging the shift forks or other internals in the trans. But I haven't seen any MT82 units that have those in their descriptions. So maybe they're just not an available design for these newer cars or they already have something built in to help prevent an "over shift"? Not sure. Any insight would be great

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Shift stops are not needed on these new transmissions, it's actually harder on the transmission if you improperly set the stop as it could prevent full gear engagement

People have broken shift forks but it's fairly rare. The pads OToH are a bigger failure item.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Well the reason I ask, is because I broke one of the internal shift stops in my MT82 two months back when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd. I don't know how it happened because I've never had a problem for the past 10,000 miles I've put on the car in the last year and a half, but it broke a lot of stuff and it was at the dealership for 2 months. Luckily warranty covered it, but now I'm scared to play with the car much because I don't want that to happen again

Users who are viewing this thread