Aftermarket pods for behind steering wheel?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Seems like they made them for the last body style but not ours.. has one seen any custom setups with twin gauges behind the steering wheel on our body style? I really prefer this over the pillar and cutting up my dash for dash gauges (which do look awesome). I am debating attempting something custom for my twin aeroforce gauges.

Something like this..

http://themustangsource.com/forums/...6267-i-may-have-found-my-gauge-pod-cobalt.jpg

Last edited:

jn2

Established Member
I considered making them but lost interest since I only needed one gauge and the Roush vent suited my needs. The main problem is the steering column is pretty thin compared to other cars, only slim gauges would fit. Which means a lot of the autometer branded ones wouldn't work.

I was going to go with something like this. It would just sit on top of the current one and you could double sided tape it down. But like I mentioned, our column cover isn't deep enough to house a full sized gauge, only thinner ones.
-font-b-EVO-b-font-10-STEERING-WHEEL-DOUBLE-font-b-GAUGE-b-font-font.jpg

Your best bet would be to buy a universal swivel gauge pod and attach it to the column. Would look very similar to what you posted. But if you are curious, in order to make the pod you would need to remove your stock column top cover, buy 2 of the gauge pods, permanently affix them to your cover, make a mold of the new cover, lay down a few layers of CF with resin, vacuum bag it, and voila, you have a CF dual gauge steering column cover. Prob take a day or two to make

Users who are viewing this thread