Aftermarket parts/tune install question

Homer Jay

Established Member
Hey guys,

I need some advice...

I have the following mods to install on my car:

JLT 123mm CAI, FRPP 65mm CJ TB, NGK TR7IX plugs, ARH 1 7/8" headers w/off-road H pipe and Lund Racing tune. I can install the CAI, TB, plugs and tune no problem but I am paying to have the headers installed. Can I install all of these parts except the headers and then drive 30-45 miles to the shop that is going to do the install without causing any problems??

Homer Jay

Established Member
Running those mods without a tune wouldn't be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right I understand I need to have the tune in to run the CAI and TB. I just wanted to know if I can install all of these mods, including the tune but not the headers and then drive the car to the header install without causing any trouble/problems. Is that what you meant by yes?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes.

^^^^ This. The TB really doesn't require a tune, but would the will run better when a tune is loaded. I'd leave the tune stock and drive it conservatively to the location where you're headers are being installed. Make sure that you DO NOT use the O2 extensions provided with the headers. I'm balls deep in my header install now and should finish up this weekend. Good luck

Homer Jay

Established Member
Ok thanks. I will stall everything but the headers and then drive very conservatively. Should it really be trailered?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Get ahold of Lund and have him give you a base tune with the mods u are putting on. I wouldn't drive it without a correct tune on the car. Then once you have the mods on it, do the logs and get the tune dialed in. It will probably be pretty close with the base tune with not much revision with Lund.

Users who are viewing this thread