Aftermarket intercooler KB 2.1?

1tufgt

Established Member
Are there any companies that make aftermarket aluminum intercooler a for the 2.1 KB GT kits? Would love the aluminum look over the black stock kit look.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
It it made for the 2.1 KB GT kits or is it just a 03/04 cobra intercooler?

Well I'm a bit confused by what you're wanting. You're saying intercooler which is in between the blower and the manifold but what you're describing by saying you want the aluminum look over the black sounds like the heat exchanger. If you're wanting an aftermarket heat exchanger any of them will work, LFP, AFCO, Fluidyne, etc.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Just use some aluminum stock and heat it up with a propane torch then bend accordingly in a vice and i used a rubber mallet to hammer each 90 degree angle, Include some rubber shock insulators you can cut from a generic radiator shock bumpers you can get from Auto zone.

Bracket for the Afco ended up being exactly as wide or deep as the bumper.

Basically ended up being a U shaped bracket that was as wide as the bumper. Used one long screw and nut to go all the way through from the front of the bracket through the front of the bumper, then the back of the bumper then finally through the bracket on the backside.

Drilled some new holes in the bumper.

Make sure you do a dry fit with the bumper cover on to check for clearance. Keep the front of the HE line with the front of the bumper for alignment with a Terminator bumper cover. Not sure if a Gt cover will cause interference issues...it's a tight fit on my Cobra.
That's mine during my swap with the Afco dual core HE.

Last edited:

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I made my brackets out of 1/2 inch bar stock from Lowes.

Added some detail to my process above.

Last edited:

1tufgt

Established Member
Haha no biggie. I can probably have one of my friends fab me up some brackets and drill it into the support.

Users who are viewing this thread