Aftermarket intercooler better than kb

chvybeatsford

Established Member
OK so I got a few spare dollars. Looking to improve on intercooler temps this summer in this lovely Louisiana heat.

Currently running the KB setup u get with the 2.1 kit. Would it even be worth a upgrade? I know looks wise it would be but running wise not sure. Also if I wanted to do a set up similar to stock terminator what would all be required? Not wanting to change the front mount yet so mainly the coolant res.

01 gt with KB 2.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
This - Link

It will cool much better than any intercooler. I just installed mine the other day. I haven't been able to test it yet as i need a base tune for the car to run but it looks and feels like a solid piece. And not to mention everyone that i have ever talked to who is running this absolutely loves it.
I live in Lafayette across the basin from you.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Seen that post and referred another buddy to it couple weeks ago. My thinking is a much prettier and more volume res will help some. I don't race but I will show off if someone gets beside me a gives that "ohh just a gt look ". And this thing best soaks like crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

froush

Established Member
For the heat exchanger, dont flame me but the frozenboost dual pass seems to do pretty good for me. And i have a brokedickracing 5 gallon tank in the trunk for my reservoir. I havent had it out on a hot day yet. but the one day at the track, my iats never went over 135 degrees idling in the staging lanes. It was around 85 outside so i dont think thats too bad. Never got hot enough to pull timing at all

Users who are viewing this thread