Aftermarket Hoods?

cichlidbob

Established Member
Ladies and gentleman...I need your assistance. Last week my car sustained 10k worth of damage when I let a friend drive my car. Needless to say I'm in need several parts oem and aftermarket. I'm wanting to know if anyone has any links and or pictures of aftermarket hoods on their 03 cobras. I have contacted several companies and they state that there will bea large gap if I purchase there product and use the oem front bumper. I love the look of the oem front bumper and plan on staying with it. FYU - I attempted a search and it came up with a "fatal error" so if this is a repost I appoligize. Thank you in advance for the help.

Bob

cichlidbob

Established Member
I found what I was looking for. I will post pictures once Betty is back on the street.
hd%2002%2B%20cobra_1a.jpg

hd%2002%2B%20cobra_rr.jpg

hd%20cabn_inner.jpg

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I had an aftermarket hood on my 99 cobra, not because of damage, but because the Stock 99 cobra hood sucked lol

I got it from www.cervinis.com

not cheap tho, you have to pay alot for the hood, and even more for paint

but the cervini hood I had was excellent, looked outstanding, and the quality was great

cichlidbob

Established Member
I spoke with cervini about their hoods. They explained to me if I used it with the oem front bumper there would be a large gap between the the hood and bumper. They said I would need to purchase one of there 2kr front bumpers to make it look correct. I do not like the r front bumper. The hood that I located is an exact replica of the 03 cobra hood in cf.

acrod

Established Member
I hope not because I just ordered the 3 inch cowl hood. The same one cakes had on his 99 cobra. but hey cakes didn't you have the 03 bumper on your car as well? I thought it looked fine, I didnt see any gaps.

Stangette03

JC's Jules
Established Member
I've been looking for a 5" cowl for my Cobra.... just like the one on the red Cobra in the UPR ad in MMFF or 5.0 Mustang mags. Anyone know where I can find it?

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
hmm...I bet they just said that to try to make another sale

I had a 3 1/2 inch Cobra R Hood on my 99 and before I bought the car, someone put the 03/04 Rear bumper on....I thought it all looked excellent

Users who are viewing this thread