Aftermarket hood vent removal

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Anyone have any idea on how to remove these without damaging the hood? I see no screws, latches or anything. Am I supposed to just grab me a hammer and bash away until it pops out? Does it come out from the top or bottom? Thanks.

Attachments

• ventFF.jpg
    ventFF.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 75

MG0h3

Established Member
It goes up through the top of the hood to remove. There must be tabs or something. My TF have screws so not familiar with that brand

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Should be tabs with an Allen bolt underneath the hood. Then come out thru the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
It might be some double sided tape type situation. Have someone hold it from the top, so it doesn't go bouncing off the hood, push and/or tap gently to see if it'll start to move. If you use a BFH, you could risk cracking the hood. Good luck.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Don't see any tabs w/allen bolts like the ones that will replace it with. This is what's confusing me.

It might be some double sided tape type situation. Have someone hold it from the top, so it doesn't go bouncing off the hood, push and/or tap gently to see if it'll start to move. If you use a BFH, you could risk cracking the hood. Good luck.

yeah, I'm starting to believe it may be stuck on with some kind of tape or glue.

Users who are viewing this thread