Aftermarket Headlight Users????

slick0478

Established Member
Hey any of you guys have/sceen those aftermarket housings with the LED's/HALO's on e-bay do they work good? are they really plug and play I see some you have to wire the LED's and HALO's.
Do they fit well being they say it is for f150/expedition?
I got some moisture in one of my housings and it is like 200 bucks for a NEW SVT one and would rather not spend the $$$ being I am probably going to sell the truck this spring.
I am going to try to take the stocker apart and reseal it Has anyone done this any pointers??
Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a stock one to keep it original looking

Any help or input appreciated
Thanks
Slick/Craig

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I have them on my truck right now. They work great for me. I see you have a Black L, I would look for the ones that have a black housing. Definetly a good investment IMO.

slick0478

Established Member
Hey 04
Did they just plug right in or did you have to wire the LED's and HALO's also are they any brighter than stock
thanks again
slick

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
slick0478 said:
Hey 04
Did they just plug right in or did you have to wire the LED's and HALO's also are they any brighter than stock
thanks again
slick

I did have to splice the LED and HALO lights. It was not hard though, just patience and a voltage tester. I would suggest a beer to go with it but I would wait till after you finish, not a smart idea to mix beer drinking with electricity ;-) . I will be taking mine out this weekend to put in my new toy soon, if you are willing to wait, I can take some pictures of how I did it.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
nicktoney said:
i was wondering if they stuck out very far from stock? thats all that is keeping me from buying them..

DSC00702.gif

DSC00701.gif

hope that helps :beer:

slick0478

Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
I did have to splice the LED and HALO lights. It was not hard though, just patience and a voltage tester. I would suggest a beer to go with it but I would wait till after you finish, not a smart idea to mix beer drinking with electricity ;-) . I will be taking mine out this weekend to put in my new toy soon, if you are willing to wait, I can take some pictures of how I did it.

Thanks that would be cool I didn't even order them yet...Was waiting on you guys responses to wheather they were a good item or not...I still might try to fix my OEM one in the meantime or to have when I sell the truck but any help or pic's would be great
You can email them to me or post either way
[email protected]

Thanks Again
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread