aftermarket hard fuel lines or braided hoses

pacific4v

Established Member
I'm getting ready to re-plumb my fuel system because I'm not happy with the way its routed now and where my regulator is mounted. I have a fore dual pump hat in a 03/04 cobra tank and aeromotive rails and regulator. I also run only e85. I've read so much debate on whether or not u need a special fuel line for e85 or not and have also read about the braided stainless hoses eventually seeping or not sealing up to fittings properly. I have a fuel smell under hood now and it makes me believe its true. Does anyone use aftermarket hard lines instead of the braided hoses? What kind of fittings and filters do you use with the hard lines? Or should I just stick with the braided lines?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
You can go to a hard line and still use AN style fittings on them. Check the Russell and Earl's websites.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
just stick with braided. most braided lines seep fuel- meaning you can smell fuel. I run all fragola 8000 lines and I can smell mine and I run either 93 or 110.

pacific4v

Established Member
summit had the best prices at the time, and since they're only 1 state over- shipping was cheap too. I bought 20ft of -10, -8, and -6

What did u use the -6 for? I was gonna run -10 from the pump hat to the engine bay and use a y-block to -8 to each rail then use -8 on the return side.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
What did u use the -6 for? I was gonna run -10 from the pump hat to the engine bay and use a y-block to -8 to each rail then use -8 on the return side.

-6 for the return line, -8 is a little big for a return line. I also use it for my gas tank vent setup.

Users who are viewing this thread