Aftermarket Fuel Rails, Stock Lines

LSWHAT??

The NPT to AN adapter fitting for running fuel to my nitrous system from the schrader broke off inside my stock rails, so I decide to go aftermarket.

I call up UPR this morning and one of their guys informs me that the rails they sell will not work with stock fuel lines (have to go -8AN and use braided lines) and that I would have to buy a Fuel Pressure Regulator to hook up the fuel supply to the nitrous. This appears to be the case with the Aeromotive rails, and the MMR rails as well.

Does anyone know of rails that will work with the factory setup, as is? Any suggestions on how to run the fuel supply to the nitrous system would also be appreciated. I was thinking about just tapping and drilling out the rails in the same location as the schrader, and then just running a NPT to AN fitting right out of the rail?

Wish I had an extra set of stock rails!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Aftermarket rails are useless unless you are making over 600hp, then you need to think about aftermarket rails.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Aftermarket rails are useless unless you are making over 600hp, then you need to think about aftermarket rails.

Regardless, even the stock rails are prone to a recall of the brackets breaking, It would be nice to know what's out there that can replace the stock rails without any modifications. I am looking for a replacement myself

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Regardless, even the stock rails are prone to a recall of the brackets breaking, It would be nice to know what's out there that can replace the stock rails without any modifications. I am looking for a replacement myself

You could say that for any stock part, but I have never heard of stock rails failing.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
You could say that for any stock part, but I have never heard of stock rails failing.
Ford has, and issued it..

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 97V216000 - Hide Details
Recall Date: 11/24/1997
Component: 1998 FORD MUSTANG COBRA COUPE FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
Potential Units Affected: 8000

1998 FORD MUSTANG FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
Recall Date: 11/24/1997

Summary:
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.6L ENGINES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAS MISSING OR INADEQUATE BRAZE JOINTS BETWEEN THE FUEL RAIL BODY AND THE FUEL RAIL MOUNTING BRACKET(S).

Consequence:
IF THE BRACKET SEPARATES FROM THE RAIL, THE RAIL CAN LIFT ONE OR MORE OF THE INJECTORS, AND FUEL LEAKAGE WILL RESULT. IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, A FIRE COULD OCCUR.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL RAIL ON THESE VEHICLES.

Potential Units Affected: 8000

That's not the point, it would be nice to know what to complete a aftermarket rail transfer without doing a $1900 aeromotive system change

fourvalvegt

Established Member
if anyone needs the parts to do the aftermarket rails with stock lines and stock regulator pm me, thats exactly how my car is setup right now just need t get the rest of the fuel system

lcarpen_2000

Established Member
There is an adapter that you can install that connect an AN line to your stock fuel lines.

http://www.cprracing.com/fuellineadpt.htm

I actually ordered the Aeromotive rails and will be using these adapters to hook up the AN lines that I am using to connect the rails and regulator to the stock feed and return lines.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
There is an adapter that you can install that connect an AN line to your stock fuel lines.

http://www.cprracing.com/fuellineadpt.htm

I actually ordered the Aeromotive rails and will be using these adapters to hook up the AN lines that I am using to connect the rails and regulator to the stock feed and return lines.

those are the ones that go to the rails not the ones on the rails

So what happens to the Pressure Regulator, and where would it mount into line with aftermarket rails?

matt888

Established Member
I never ended up using these. Brand new return and inlet fuel line connections. If someone needs them just message me. Don't mean to hijack but it appears your looking for the same type of connections I searched and searched for in the past. Good look with your fuel line work.

229918.jpg

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
You should have gotten an easy out and got the broken piece out of the rail. It happened to me too and the piece came right out.

Users who are viewing this thread