Aftermarket Fan

RFM50

Established Member
Any body running an after market fan like the Mishimoto 14 in or comparable? I am contemplating doing this, to not only help cooling but also free up some room near the blower, so I can possibly run a biger cai. To me it seems like the smashed cai from paxton is restrictave. What are your thoughts?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-slim-radiator-fan.html

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If you are concerned about room, then I would look into the possibility of turning the stock fan into a puller before buying another fan.

As long as there is clearance on the other side of the radiator to switch the fan, that should give you all the room you are looking for.

You can't really get much smaller than the factory e-fan unit these cars come with.

tvanlant

Established Member
The procharger kit comes with a new low profile fan and shroud. It frees up a ton of room over the stock fan. U could probably buy just the shroud and fan from them.

poof100

Established Member
Very Nice! Pricey but nice! I would love to see a side by side shot of one of these next to the stock shroud.

It's a very nice piece, have it with my JPC turbo kit. Makes room for the Turbo piping and works well!! Combined with a 170 t stat, haven't had any cooling issues. :beer:

CPRsm

I wouldn't try that small fan in place of the stocker. Wouldn't even think about it without a shroud. IDK if I would try such a small one even w a shroud tbh

kingnut

Established Member
i replaced my factory fans on my acura with a SPAL low profile fan. better cooling and quiet. i didnt run a shroud.

CPRsm

Spal is a better design. Stronger motors, and an S blade design. And you're talking about an Acura with an engine half the size, and not in Az lol. I'd put 50 bucks on it says that fan can't keep up even before the AC come son at idle. Single fans on V8's need to be at least 16in. That on;es only 14! Used to do a lot of classic cars and they are seem to have small area for radiators. You find out which fans and designs are the shit. OEM Ford fans are hard to beat. The JPC unit looks like a larger shrouded Taurus fan.We used them whenever possible. Heavily contemplated the same setup years ago before finding the current setup we use now.

Took me 30 seconds of watching before I saw she was blonde lol

kingnut

Established Member
Spal makes 16". I guess the shroud would create a better suction for the fan. They have some dual setups also.

What size is the stock fan?

RFM50

Established Member
Ok so if swapping out the Paxton tube isn't going to make much difference, then does anyone know of a higher flowing filter that can be used?

Users who are viewing this thread