Aftermarket Double Din

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
I installed the Kenwood DNN992 radio into my 12 Shelby. Works great, retains Sync and steering wheel controls. Only issue is i lost my Sirius radio since it was intergrated into the stock radio. I will get a tuner to connect to return my Sirius functions. Radio has a lot of features from web browsing to facebook. I will be installing a camera once I find one that i like.

shelly.jpg

vazo

Established Member
I installed the Kenwood DNN992 radio into my 12 Shelby. Works great, retains Sync and steering wheel controls. Only issue is i lost my Sirius radio since it was intergrated into the stock radio. I will get a tuner to connect to return my Sirius functions. Radio has a lot of features from web browsing to facebook. I will be installing a camera once I find one that i like.

shelly.jpg

That's the same model I'm considering. Can you take some some day shots? How difficult was the install? And what other parts did you need or was there a kit specific to your car required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

psycholx

Established Member
That's the same model I'm considering. Can you take some some day shots? How difficult was the install? And what other parts did you need or was there a kit specific to your car required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here you go. It was an easy installation, only time consuming was the soldering the wires on the table prior to installation. You will have to cut one wire under your dash to connect the Sync to the Maestro RR. No other wires cut.. Plug and play, just that easy. More pics:
You will need this kit:
Dnn992%206.jpg

Intalled pics:
Dnn992%205.jpg

Dnn992%204.jpg

Dnn992%203.jpg

Dnn992%202.jpg

psycholx

Established Member
just installed the rear camera. Cost me $0 bucks on amazon. com. Forgot the pic..
20161211_163626.jpg

Last edited:

vazo

Established Member
Where did you mount the GPS antenna? Did the kit come with one?

What do you mean the rear camera cost you $0 bucks

psycholx

Established Member
I mounted the gps under the dash over the glove box. There is a flat spot under there. The radio had the gps antenna with it. The sirius antenna from the factory radio will not connect to the tuner,, so i got an adapter for 12 bucks online. The camera was free because i applied for an amazon card to get 50 dollar gift card, camera was 25..

vazo

Established Member
I have all the parts and am going to start the install in the new year. But never knew about the Sirius antenna. What was the part/part number you ordered to get the Sirius working. Can you also share the camera detail. If it's working for you I may as well include that in the install at the same time.

psycholx

Established Member
The camera works fine for me, no issues. It may be pointing a little lower than I expected, I can live with it though, I will take a pic of the screen while its on so you can see what it show. I can just put a spacer under it to adjust if needed, but I am good. see pics for parts.:
adapter.jpg

camera.jpg

vazo

Established Member
Do you have to manually turn on the camera when backing up or is it tied into your Reverse. When you put the car into reverse it automatically turns on.

psycholx

Established Member
Do you have to manually turn on the camera when backing up or is it tied into your Reverse. When you put the car into reverse it automatically turns on.

Comes on when you shift into reverse. It is prewired into the harness for the MUS1 kit. You just have to supply the camera with power.

Users who are viewing this thread