AFTERMARKET CHIN SPOILERS!!!

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
Hey guys... Just finished the install.. Pics tomorrow.. it's like 125 in my garage and just too pooped the back it out for some good shots. Two pros, it looks and fits just like the factory one. Cons, ditch the included fasteners. Especially for the fenderlip ones. Went with #10 screws and speed nuts. Used the 5 original bolts and backed them with washers. If this part wasn't made from the original Ford mold, they could have improved it by at least making it a little thicker at the lip. They boxed the ends like the original. Last, it was shipped in perhaps a 30 inch box with the ends folded. I let it sit out for 24hrs and it looked great, no creases...

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Not that i need one since my original is still good, but I'd really like to get a new lip and the rear bumper lip done in carbon fiber. Hell, maybe even the mirrors and side scope vents too.

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
Not that i need one since my original is still good, but I'd really like to get a new lip and the rear bumper lip done in carbon fiber. Hell, maybe even the mirrors and side scope vents too.
Nice, mine was crumbling on the ends and was the original. Those rivets were a bitch! Somebody on here was asking about interest in producing a CF chin... Don't know if they were ever made. CF would look great on Black or Mineral for starters!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Nice, mine was crumbling on the ends and was the original. Those rivets were a bitch! Somebody on here was asking about interest in producing a CF chin... Don't know if they were ever made. CF would look great on Black or Mineral for starters!

HCM Carbon makes or has made them but they're expensive, they're products are questionable and their customer service is shit.

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
I tried wrapping mine. The wrap doesn't stick to rubber. So, either I suck at wrapping or it doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks for posting and I was afraid of that. You'd probably have to put a binder of some kind and then apply an adhesive? Over in China I've seen them apply wraps to foamrubber parts.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Dont buy the cheap Chinese adhesive crap online, go to a professional that will wrap it. It will look perfect.

Well that settles it.... I suck at wrapping LOL. I had no idea they made binder agents to increase adhesiveness. Then again some things need to be left to the professionals :D..........

01yellercobra

Established Member
Should I pull mine out of the box to store it? I don't plan on installing it any time soon. I'll probably wait until I get a new bumper which might not be until next year.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
If it's folded up in a box, I'd get it out of there quickly. If you can, put it out in the sun for a while to get the kinks out of it, then find a place to lay or hang it.

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
As promised some photos...
20180710_161932_001_resized.jpg
20180710_162001_resized.jpg
20180710_162012_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread