aftermarket boost gauge users

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
I have a Lunar series 0 -30 psi boost gauge. When I nail it, the stocker jumps up but the autometer lags off. It looks like when i go wide open, the stocker is hooked up to a pos. disp., and the autometer is hooked to a centrifugal. It slowly goes up, but never hits the full boost unless I'm in gear long enough (3rd.)
Anyone else run into this?
Also tried to reroute the line. Moved it from an underhood hookup, and teed it to the line behind the glove box. Hasn't helped yet, hence the post.
Thank in advance guys.
-Brandon

SwampMoose

Established Member
I had the same problem, I took it back out and found that when I pushed the gauge into the pillor it was pinching the hose. Do you have a pillor gauge or the dash one??

CannibalCobra

Established Member
i had the same problem you are having. i tried replacing the line, and it didn't fix it. so i put a new gauge is and it works perfectly. might be your gauge. my gauge was a new one too, so i wouldn't rule that out even if you just bought it.

svtyellowstang

Established Member
The frist one work for about a mile then it went to 20 vac and would not move . Speedhut sent me a new one then itwould not light up . This thrid one when the stock on pegs out the speed hut goes up so slow . It only show 17lbs -18lbs . But the car at 60000 rpm . I think i wil get a high boost overlay and get a A/F gague to hook to my wideband.

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
check your line pinching twisting etc, make sure it's tightened in really tight, when positive pressure hits some of these lines it will actually leak if not properly hooked up...I had a similar problem on my 5.0 with a KB. my boost line was fine all the way to the gauge, I didn't even hear that it was leaking, but I gave the back retainer nut another turn and ran the car again and the boost was shown instantly. no lag building in the gauge....I punched from 1200 RPM and it was low and building slowly and then punched it from about 2500 and it immediatly jumped to 10 PSI without slowing down...I was running an autometer phantom gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread