Aftermarket Amp Wiring ?s

96svtdriver

Established Member
To start off, I've got Shaker 500 with the NAV package on my 2011. I'm trying to wire up a Kicker 4-channel. My problem is finding a pre-amp full range signal.:rolling:

I've been studying the 2011 Mustang online manual that's out there and I've ran into a snag as to where to tap the RCA's off of. I don't want to use a LOC or any other kind of summing/filtering device if I can help it. It's been suggested that I tap off the small 8-pin connector to the rear of stereo to get my low +/-, but I was wondering what colors those wires are and where besides the rear of my radio can I tap into them (such as under the dash) as I don't want to remove the center console and radio if I don't have to. This appears to be purely mono anyways according to the diagram, which obviously I can't use if so.

Another issue I've read about is the accessroy line I'm trying to run from the Hot On Start (Gray/Violet stripe according to the diagrams if memory serves me correctly), and I've read that the signal from there is insufficent to turn on everything. If this is true, what can I do about this?

I was wanting to retain things such as NAV voice and I know it's wired to just the front left speaker. Do I need to tap a wire and run a jumper wire from the voice wire to the positive going to speaker?

Lastly, I was wanting to retain things like phone calls via bluetooth. How do I facilitate wiring this into the aftermarket speakers I've installed?

I want to do all this right and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread