Aftermarket Alarm Systems for verts

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Have any of the vert owners out there had an aftermarket alarm system installed? I'm looking a one that has a "radar" function: it can be set to go off if someone reaches into your car (without touching anything!) when the top is down. I like that idea, as I don't like putting all my stuff in the trunk every time I leave the car.

I really don't want another remote control on my keychain, ideally, I'd like to use the Panic button to arm/disarm the system. I have heard that Viper makes this type of system.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any replies will be greatly appreciated....

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
IMHO it's really annoying when you walk past a car and it starts chirping because of it's proximity sensor. It might piss people off enough to do something to the car. Additionally any radar sensor can false as well.

With that said you don't need another remote just a different remote. Any decent alarm will replace the factory keyless entry remote with it's own. You loose nothing (except staged unlocking - 1x drivers only 2x all)

I am very partial to Clifford which is now owned by the same company as Viper but not always the same product.

Above all else the quality of the install is far more important than the brand itself.

Hope this helps.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Dan, I agree with you 100% about the chirping proximity alarm. I have been told by a reputable(?) dealer here that the sensor can be set low enough that it would take someone opening a door or reaching in to set it off.

Does anyone else have any info on this???

Users who are viewing this thread