After you applied for a job. How long did you wait before your start date?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I interviewed for a job Dec 16th and they basically told me they wanted to hire me. Still waiting on the official offer from HR. It's a DoD job, so I'm guessing their entire HR department has been gone for the holidays. Sucks because it's leaving me in limbo of figuring out when I need to move. I live in DC and the job is in CA.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Zero time at all... Dad said go get on that tractor and I went... No application... Small pay... lol...

Started @ $1.00/hr in 1987 haha.

Stanger00

Established Member
I interviewed for a job Dec 16th and they basically told me they wanted to hire me. Still waiting on the official offer from HR. It's a DoD job, so I'm guessing their entire HR department has been gone for the holidays. Sucks because it's leaving me in limbo of figuring out when I need to move. I live in DC and the job is in CA.

That is frustrating. Part of the reason why I will not relocate when I was in the job hunt.

Was this a usajobs.gov application?

To add. I also had an interview with a different job on Dec. 9th. I was told from the person who interviewed me that it would take a while but they liked me and will strongly consider me for the opening. I got a call from their HR department the day after Christmas. They wanted to hire me but I declined. The job I have been waiting for is a better deal and has more potential for future growth.

From reading these responses I will assume that the ones who start same day are sales/banking/real estate type jobs. Those who test and panel interview are mechanical/electrical in nature to include engineering.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Here's mine.

Was in construction for the past 20+ years, tired of it.

1st week of Jan. 12 put in a online application.

1st week of Feb. 12 got a call they were interested.

After orientation, 1st interview, panel interview, all checks and offer I started near end of March 12.

I'm in public transportation, only drawback is I'm getting fat after getting out of construction, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread