After Springs are installed???

Trblmkr

Established Member
Do you have to have a front end alignment done??

I'm having MM C/C plates installed tomorrow and they are suggesting that I have the front end aligned..

What about the rear for us with IRS ???

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
I think if you have just the springs installed you won't need an alignment, but if you have c/c plates installed I would probably get it aligned. I also have some steeda sport springs on the way as well, but that was all I was going to do for now was the springs.

Trblmkr

Established Member
I also did the shocks and struts.. as well as the springs...

Is there such a thing as a wheel alignment for rear wheels ??

I've heard of 4-wheel alignment, but my other cars had solid axels, is there a difference with IRS ?

RUSS 77

Established Member
after springs

Yes you should get a 4 wheel alignment I had one done after the Eibach's where installed you could even tell they where out by looking. My freind had the K.B installed there where out evenmore than mine.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Yes, anytime you change springs (presumably changing ride height) you should have the alignment checked. Your camber setting is going to be different with different ride heights.
When adding cc plates, you also are going to have to have everything set when you are done. (Doing them together is a good idea) You are going to be changing the setting no matter what, so just plan for it.

On our IRS cars, there is camber and toe that can be adjusted back there, so again if you change ride height or something like that it would be a good idea to get that checked also.

ps. when most people referr to alignment, we are referring to all the settings, ie: caster, camber, and toe. Not just making sure all four wheels are facing the same direction. ;)

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
You always need to do an alignment when you lower a car. In your case a 4 wheel alingnment needs to be done. I also don't suggest buying C/C plates unless they are needed. Sometimes the car can be brought within factory spec without them. I am one of the lucky few who didn't need a set.

Razor.:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
You always need to do an alignment when you lower a car. In your case a 4 wheel alingnment needs to be done. I also don't suggest buying C/C plates unless they are needed. Sometimes the car can be brought within factory spec without them. I am one of the lucky few who didn't need a set.

I have a question. Say I just lowered my car and don't buy cc plates like you suggested, and they cannot get the front into spec. What do I do now other than pay the shop to get it as close as possible and then pay them again to do it right after the CC plates are installed? If the alignment shop has a set of CC plates sitting on the shelf ready to be installed if need be, I could see your point a little easier.
Don't you think it is a good idea to replace that rubbery marshmellow that supports the top of the strut anyways?:shrug:

ps: I am not trying to be a smart a$$ or be mean, I just hate to see someone get caught in a position where they need plates and don't have a set to install. (might mean staying home from dating the ladies that night) ;):beer:

Last edited:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I have a question. Say I just lowered my car and don't buy cc plates like you suggested, and they cannot get the front into spec. What do I do now other than pay the shop to get it as close as possible and then pay them again to do it right after the CC plates are installed? If the alignment shop has a set of CC plates sitting on the shelf ready to be installed if need be, I could see your point a little easier.
Don't you think it is a good idea to replace that rubbery marshmellow that supports the top of the strut anyways?:shrug:

ps: I am not trying to be a smart a$$ or be mean, I just hate to see someone get caught in a position where they need plates and don't have a set to install. (might mean staying home from dating the ladies that night) ;):beer:

Hey no prob at all.;-) Yes I would suggest paying for the alingment first to see if it's needed. I would rather spend $50 on a front end alignment to see if I needed the $175 C/C plates before I purchased them. In my case it worked out perfect. To me it's not worth buying C/C plates unless they are needed to get the car within factory spec. I am a drag racer not a road racer.

Users who are viewing this thread