After Market Radiators - Opinions?

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I need a new Radiator and was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of the After Market ones that are available. (LFP's, Lethal's, Fluidyne etc..)

Last edited:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member

Thanks but none of these answer my question. I'm looking for someone who is actually using one of these and can give me some input.

Corrosion Protection: New corrosion protection option for Fluidyne, other aluminum radiators
Leaking Fluidyne: Fluidyne Radiator is leaking
Dear fluidyne...
My Mishimoto Radiator Install
Stainless Coolant Crossover Caps->Need a new coolant plug <--POST #9
BURP/FILL: The Engine coolant radiator burp fill procedure

Oh and BTW, I'm not a Noob, I've been on here since 2003.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I have the fluidyne radiator in mine. It is a very nice piece but there is issues with fitment. You will have to relocate your abs pump, intercooler reservoir and main reservoir support bar. Also might have issues with the right side tank hitting the ac lines at the condenser connections.

Last edited:
My fluidyne leaked. Lasted about 10k or so. Thankfully it leaked before the 1yr warranty expired. Got a brand new one from them but I went back to an oem radiator after seeing the Reische t-stat reviews by so many members.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Thanks but none of these answer my question. I'm looking for someone who is actually using one of these and can give me some input.

Corrosion Protection: New corrosion protection option for Fluidyne, other aluminum radiators
Leaking Fluidyne: Fluidyne Radiator is leaking
Dear fluidyne...
My Mishimoto Radiator Install
Stainless Coolant Crossover Caps->Need a new coolant plug <--POST #9
BURP/FILL: The Engine coolant radiator burp fill procedure

Oh and BTW, I'm not a Noob, I've been on here since 2003.

Didn't think you were. I can read join dates too. Lol. Those threads just got put on the FAQ recently after I asked Jimmy to post them there. Also those threads have lots of comments from people that have actually used the products and installed them.

Mishimoto in mine for a year. One of those threads is mine BTW.

The Mishimoto is made just as well as the Fluidyne and is $100 cheaper and has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
I have the LFP in mine. I modified and re-welded the ABS bracket so i did not have to drill any new holes in the car. It has been a year and half with no issues. I also have the Richie thermostat, Stewart water pump and LDC cooling mod. My tuner said he was surprised by how fast it cooled down after a dyno runs.

Last edited:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I have the Mishimoto in mine with the Reische Thermostat, It's bigger, it looks to be stronger with a lot of reinforcements, welds look great, its polished, and it comes with a no question asked lifetime warranty (even if you have an accident and the radiator gets damaged they replace it under their warranty).

It was a pretty easy decision to make especially that it was also cheaper than the Fluidynes that I heard of failing after their 1 year warranty.

I slotted the bracket on the ABS pump bracket to give some more flex room. My PFab Intercooler reservoir fit in the factory location without any modification. Overall I'm very satisfied and would recommend their radiator to anyone. I've had it installed for 8K miles now.

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member
Mishimoto makes a solid rad for sure and their warranty can't be beat.

earico

Established Member
Thanks guys, these are exactly what I am looking for.

One other thing, is anyone using the Mishimoto 97-04 Mustang Aluminum Radiator Fan Shroud Kit. If so, any problems getting it to fit?

Mishimoto 97-04 Mustang Aluminum Radiator Fan Shroud Kit [MMFS-MUS-97] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Not using it but just a side note. If you go with their radiator I highly recommend their upper radiator mounts. It gives the radiator more movement.

Sagittaria

Established Member
Mishimoto for 10k and almost a year now. Not a single issue after I moved the ABS/Lines back per a post on here.

I wholeheartedly think that the whole reason why everyone has issues with the thicker aftermarket radiators because the ABS pushes on it.

Radiator is only worth it if you have the supporting cooling mods. Thermostat espicially, lowered fan times, opened up hood vents, check your radiator low speed resistor and connector (the resistor comes loose for now low speed fan or a melted fan connector) etc... if you want to go more into it then there is far more you can do.

My radiator and HE is completely boxed in... made an undertray, a HUGE air dam, intercooler tank and coolant tank was moved into the battery and fender respectively... so the hood vents aren't friggin blocked and actually do something :)nonono:) I'm putting in a mark 8 fan for good measure... As it sits right now I can turn on my fan and literally watch the water temp fall on my gauge :)rockon:). When I'm cruising at 65 degree weather it'll sit at 178-180 :rockon: Be aware I only went overkill because I'm planning on doing some open tracking a few times in the year.

I'm a firm believer that a big reason why these cars have piston/head failures is because of poor cooling/stupid problems. These cars are made to run hot from the factory for whatever reason.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
OK, I have some questions for you Mishimoto Radiator users.

I bought one of these from Lethal Performance and I've got it sitting here out of the box.

It doesn't look like its going to fit and I have a leaking LFP Race Radiator that I took out to compare it to and it isn't shaped ANYTHING like that one.

#1 there is No Notched Area in the Tank for the A/C Lines to clear on the Passenger Side.

#2 The Drain Plug is on the Side of the Tank facing OUT instead of facing to the REAR.

#3 The Mounting Points for the Radiator Fan are out of whack by a couple inches.

#4 The is No Mounting Hole on the Top Passenger Corner of the Radiator for the Intercooler Tank.

So why all the praise for this Radiator and how the hell did you guy get this thing to fit? What am I missing here?

NOTE: I also picked up the Mishimoto Fan Shroud, this is also NOT a Direct Replacement for the Stock Fan Shroud. Has only 2 Wires, so what am I supposed to do, hack the hell out of my Wiring Harness to install this thing.

I don't think so. :fm: :mj: :fm: :mj:

Last edited:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
OK, I have some questions for you Mishimoto Radiator users.

I bought one of these from Lethal Performance and I've got it sitting here out of the box.

It doesn't look like its going to fit and I have a leaking LFP Race Radiator that I took out to compare it to and it isn't shaped ANYTHING like that one.

#1 there is No Notched Area in the Tank for the A/C Lines to clear on the Passenger Side. Correct, you have to slightly bend the lines away from the radiator. It's a HUGE radiator, it's going to be a tight fit. But before you try putting it in, make sure you slot the bracket on the abs pump.

#2 The Drain Plug is on the Side of the Tank facing OUT instead of facing to the REAR. I'll check on this today and see if that's where my drain is

#3 The Mounting Points for the Radiator Fan are out of whack by a couple inches. My factory shroud bolted right up

#4 The is No Mounting Hole on the Top Passenger Corner of the Radiator for the Intercooler Tank. No there is not

So why all the praise for this Radiator and how the hell did you guy get this thing to fit? What am I missing here? Patience, this radiator is worth the small hassle to install. Just take your time, everything fit perfect on mine, I feel that it will for you as well.

NOTE: I also picked up the Mishimoto Fan Shroud, this is also NOT a Direct Replacement for the Stock Fan Shroud. Has only 2 Wires, so what am I supposed to do, hack the hell out of my Wiring Harness to install this thing.
No advice on the fan shroud as I went with OEM

I don't think so. :fm: :mj: :fm: :mj:
:rockon:

earico

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread