After Market Brakes

0GTstang4

Established Member
Looking to upgrade my 04GT with some cobra brakes or other aftermarket brakes. Post pics and specs. I would prefer drilled and slotted rotors..no search, sorry if its a repost. Thanks in advanced. :-D

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
I'm curious to hear owner reviews of an 00R Brembo kit.

r6bullet

Established Member
I'm curious to hear owner reviews of an 00R Brembo kit.

I had them on my 03 cobra, WAY better than stock. Could really tell when getting off the highway flying down the off ramp to a red light. Mine always seemed to squeal though when hot. Tried a few different brands of rotors and pads. The Brembo pads that came with them worked well, VERY dusty though. Would wash the car then drive 10 min to a show and find the front wheels to be covered in brake dust again. :shrug:

r6bullet

Established Member
Not to mention they just look better
Cobra649copy.jpg

Brizzal84

Established Member
I have the wilwood 14inch rotor and 6 pistion claiper kit on my cobra. they work geat for track days in the cobra, also are stunning for just he DD driving to. I have really never hiar all that great of info on the 00R. I have been told if you are tracking lots then get a 6 pistion claper. the 4 pistion claipers just do not have as great of clapping force onto the rotor.

YoungGun

Established Member
Here's mine... Baer 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors on the front and larger single caliper Baer brakes on the rear with 13" rotors.

Cobrarollcage007.jpg

Cobrarollcage006.jpg

only shot I have of the rear with my CCW's on the car...

Thanksgiving06007.jpg

whole car...

IMG_1246.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
YoungGun...since when does Baer offer a PBR caliper kit for the rear of the IRS? Are you running a solid? If so, I know they have a kit...just curious if you adapted the PBR to the IRS because I generally despise the Varga design OE caliper.

YoungGun

Established Member
YoungGun...since when does Baer offer a PBR caliper kit for the rear of the IRS? Are you running a solid? If so, I know they have a kit...just curious if you adapted the PBR to the IRS because I generally despise the Varga design OE caliper.

Car has a solid axle cause I hated having to fight everything with the IRS...

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I have 2000R brembos on my 04 cobra with slotted rotors front and rear. They stop better and look better than the OEM cobra brakes. I dont drive my car to hard, so probably havnt used them to their full potential. Few pics

Cleanup3004.jpg

Cleanup2018.jpg

Cleanup3020.jpg

TF010.jpg

TF018.jpg

VRTCBRA28.jpg

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Here's mine... Baer 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors on the front and larger single caliper Baer brakes on the rear with 13" rotors.

Cobrarollcage007.jpg

Cobrarollcage006.jpg

only shot I have of the rear with my CCW's on the car...

Thanksgiving06007.jpg

whole car...

IMG_1246.jpg

Sonofabitch that car.... :eek::eek:

I've heard of you running your car at Commerce. I've always wanted to catch you there to watch it go down the track but I never can seem to.

Coiled03

Established Member
Farggin' hell I want some 6-pot calipers, and big-ass rotors!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I've bought some off Ebay for less than $140 shipped twice now. The top pic is my current set. I've not experienced any issues with them so far (knock on wood). Looks much better than stock, but as posted above the brake dust has increased. Pm me if you want me to find the Ebay seller I bought em from.

These are both rear shots, fronts are obviously larger in size. First pic is before the zinc coating wore off...thus the overly shiny appearance.

wheelsbetterpics009.gif

bassanisideexit.jpg

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
Brembo GT kit with 13.3" rotors and the F50 Caliper. The 2 piece rotors are much thicker than stock. In fact the rotors are so thick that they do not clear the stock tie rod ends, so a bump steer kit had to be installed to provide the nessary clearance.
3287425447_fb30114b84_b.jpg

3287425087_5b07c3e0b8_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I had them on my old 03 Cobra and I liked them so much it was one of the first things i did to my current 04. I dont really have any good pics of the car from a distance showing the brakes. :shrug:

dsc00808iq2.jpg

img0519jw6.jpg

img0518fw6.jpg

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I've bought some off Ebay for less than $140 shipped twice now. The top pic is my current set. I've not experienced any issues with them so far (knock on wood). Looks much better than stock, but as posted above the brake dust has increased. Pm me if you want me to find the Ebay seller I bought em from.

These are both rear shots, fronts are obviously larger in size. First pic is before the zinc coating wore off...thus the overly shiny appearance.

wheelsbetterpics009.gif

bassanisideexit.jpg

LOL matt were talking about Big brake kits, not After market rotors.

laruei

Established Member
I have 2000R brembos on my 04 cobra with slotted rotors front and rear. They stop better and look better than the OEM cobra brakes. I dont drive my car to hard, so probably havnt used them to their full potential. Few pics

Cleanup3004.jpg

You mean drilled? :dw:

I also have this exact same setup, except i have HAWK pads in the rear in the the stock caliper on a IRS.

I get lots of brake dust in the front and my rear squeal a lot when heated. But on a 120 degree track day at willow springs with no brake ducts, i never ever felt like i was going to run out of brakes. I always run on fresh fluid and i have stainless lines front and back though some say those dont make a difference. :shrug:

I am VERY pleased with my setup though my front pads are almost to my wear indicator.. any advice on a good street/OTD pad since a lot of people in this thread have the same setup? Dont mean to thread jack...:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread