After market brake help!

WynkoopBK

Jiu Jitsu
Established Member
SORRY, REPOSTING THIS HERE BECAUSE I SHOULD HAVE ORIGINALLY POSTED IT HERE....
I have the Cobra R Brembo front brake kit and am now looking to do the back breaks, but am lost. I am told 75 percent of breaking is done on the front breaks so the back is not as important. However, I need new rear rotors so I am going to do something. I have been told Brembo is the best with Baer in second, But those two brands appear to focus more on imports. I see all the American muscle sights pushing the Power Slot rotors. What should I do? I can't find any info on what is best for my 04 Cobra. What rotors or entire brake setup should I do?
Thanks, Ben OC, CA

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You could go with the Baer rear setup. It includes 13" rotors and spacers to mount the calipers farther out. It's hardly more expensive than the rotors themselves.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
Don't waste money upgrading the rears. The front brakes are where you should spend your money. Just use aggressive street pads in the rear.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
powerslot rotors, upgrade the pads and put in stainless hoses. done. anything else is a waste unless you're doing alot of open tracking and even then that would be plenty. the rear brakes just don't do much.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
You could go with the Baer rear setup. It includes 13" rotors and spacers to mount the calipers farther out. It's hardly more expensive than the rotors themselves.

Please tell me more about this? Are you referring to SN-95 Cobra rear brakes here? If so, I contacted Baer and they make no such thing. Or so I was told.

Any additional information you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread