After engine swap, dealer may have misdiagnosed engine problem

fakesnake.com

Established Member
For those of you that remember, I had my engine replaced a couple of months ago. The engine was making a loud rattling noise from passenger side. Dealer said oil pan was dented, starved engine of oil, no warranty, must replace engine.

I had ran over something shortly before that so I figured that must have been what caused problem. I ran it through my insurance company and they paid for it.

Since then, 2 things happened last week, my new engine with 2,500 miles has the same noise only from driver side. It is a little softer and seems to quiet down when engine gets warm. After reading some posts here of what the noise sounds like, I am associating this with the "tick".

The guy I sold the engine to, has an SVT certified mechanic trouble shooting the engine for him. So far, the mechanic has found nothing wrong with engine. He thinks it needs to be re-torqued but hasn't completedly torn down engine. My understanding is no oil would cause rod bearings to go first and they are fine too.

I have since found out the dealer claimed my crank and #1 piston were bad. The guy that bought it said the crank is fine. No word on the piston yet.

I don't really want to take my car back in yet until Ford solves the tick problem.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
If it is indeed the tick, then make sure that Ford covers the original swap under warranty. Im sure ur insurance went up a bit because of your claim. So have them pay the insurance back and take that off your record...I know it may not be much but its the principle of the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread