After 8 weeks, finally got my build date!

NorCalGuy

Established Member
After 8 weeks of patiently waiting, I got a call from my Dealer last Friday that my 14 Shelby is scheduled to be built the week of Oct 21st. Trust me, the longest sigh of relief and biggest smile crossed my face all at the same time. Given the build date, and living on the West Coast, I hope to have my car delivered before Thanksgiving.

However, one advantage of the long wait is that it gave me the time and opportunity to to really dig through the threads/posts and discover all the knowledge this site has to offer. Many, many people have contributed information that aided in my search for rims/tires, suspension, power pkgs, and misc. items. To all of you - thank you!

I have already spoken to most of the Vendors and have dialed-in exactly what I want. Once I find out when the vehicle has been shipped, I will order the following.

Rims - Vossen CV3 (20x9 front w/32mm & 20X10.5 rear w/46mm)
Tires - Nitto NT05 (255 or 275's front - yet to decide. 315's rear. Note, really torn if I shoud go with Nitto555's and run a 305 rear. According to Nitto site, I can run either 305 or 315 on a 10.5 rim.

I know it's personal preference for all of us, but I love the look of this Shelby with the CV3's. Just wish I knew what the tire size and off-sets were. FORD SHELBY GT500 VOSSEN VVS-CV3 MATTE SILVER MACHINED

*Big thanks to Bad Company for posting photos of his rims/tires with 315's and off-sets. This really helped knowing you can fit a 315 and not have it stick out.

Suspenion - Rear suspenion and FRPP Lowering Springs. Will order from Van. Thanks to Van for speaking with me on x2 occasions and his patience with me.

Power Package - Probably order from Van. Need to understand what the best combination is for us in Cali which is an emissions controlled state and only 91 octane. I may reach out to NELCO with a PM and find out what he did. I see that he ordered from Van and is also a Bay Area resident. I thought of mixing Torco with each fill-up at the pump for a 93 octane rating, but read on various threads that this may be harmful long term and turn plugs/pistons orange.

Gear Installation Kit - 3:73's.
Rear-End Upgrade (axles/diff.) - Lethal's site has a package, not sure if it's a simple bolt-on. Do NOT want to have to perform any drilling, grinding, welding, etc. I want a simple unbolt/remove/install/bolt back up solution. Will keep checking various Vendors.

Other great items I have found in the threads and have book-marked the Vendors:
1. Clear Bra paint protection
2. Body grahics
3. Replacement hood (Super-Snake & Trufiber A72KR hood)
4. Shelby Cobra Floor Mats
5. Splash/Rock Fendor Gaurds
6. Billet Cobra "wings" and engine dress-up

And lots, lots more!

Kind regards.

5.0 guy

Established Member
That's great! That call is very exciting. Wait until it's delivered, I got a picture sent to me one morning as it was rolled off the truck and in the owners private showroom. I happened to be out of town but my sweet wife rolled down there with my kids and sent some pics for me. Enjoy the wait, it makes it more exciting just dreaming about the actual delivery day!

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
You should be able to pull up your window sticker eithr after 730 east coast time or early am the 12th or if not then on the 18th after 730pm or early am on the 19th

Untitled Page Your Vin here

Highlight your browser bar click in front of the end where it says add back space to get rid off ADD type in you vin, Might be an easier way lol not sure

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
happy for you man. there are so many more new ones stacking up on lots around here this year with the '14s than there were with the '13s i wondered if that was causing Ford/SVT to allocate fewer to the area. good to see somebody making progress. my dealer got an additional allocation redistributed to him last year but this year it looks like that's probably not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread