After 2 years, its running. Some vids.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Well its been a long project with some tough times, but things are finally going my way. A two year project involving a sportsman built 331 stroker/ported and polished AFR heads/cammed w/ 8.5:1 boost friendly compression. N/A as of now. Motor is untuned with less than 100 miles.

At idle w / a rev...

That made a baby in a stroller cry that was being pushed down the sidewalk...(commentary via Doveman)...
commentary/idle

Race 1: Doveman gets the jump, I quickly real in and start to pass, but misse the next gear.
race 1

Last One: A good start is had. Doveman makes the same mistake i did before...
race 2

The GT in the vids has all the bolt-ons but heads/cams. He says he is a low 13 sec car, so on a good day i may be able to hit high 12's, which is more than I expected for 8.5:1 compression.

Links should work now. Vids courtesy of Tony (BLK_03).

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I can't imagine what it would be like to be back behind the wheel of my car after two years of not driving it. That's cool as hell! How long until you'll have a blower on it?

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
I initially planned on going the turbo route, which wouldnt happen until i finished college, so 2-3 years. But the power that it has now is surprising, so i might just find a cheap S-trim and put that on. With the numbers i have n/a, i should be able to hit 600+. The bottom end is completely built so 16+ psi is no problem for the motor.

The cam is a Comp Cams custom cam. Specs:

Advertised duration- .294/.302
Duration @ .050- .232/.240
Lift .563/.584 112 lobe separation

I have no idea how the computer and cam are working so well together. It idles great. I hope to get it tuned by Anderson in a few weeks.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
damn man...pretty fast. Honestly....a little too loud for my taste. Why spoil all the secrecy at the beginning. I couldn't imagine driving that thing on a daily basis. :shrug:

BLK_03

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
damn man...pretty fast. Honestly....a little too loud for my taste. Why spoil all the secrecy at the beginning. I couldn't imagine driving that thing on a daily basis. :shrug:

:lol1:

Dude, it's a Cobra, there is no secrecy about it... Although it's not a daily driver, driving it daily would be the best part of my day...

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:

Its not spoiling any secrecy. In my case, loud=fast, and isnt fast what we all want? That cam is music to my ears. If i wanted a sleeper, I would have bought a 4.6.

Like said above, this isnt a daily driver. Its more of a nice day driver.

Last edited:

ogc

Established Member
Looks and sounds good man.

Its coming up on a year since I have been able to drive mine, its fixed butwinter sucks so I know the feeling.

95cobby

Established Member
Very nice! You pulled hard on him in that one vid, was he trying to race you? I plan on going a simuliar route you went just to a 347 instead. I was going crazy just not being able to drive it for the winter. I can't even imagine not being able to drive it for 2 years.... :( :nonono:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
When i had all the bolt ons and stock heads and cam the fastest i went was 13.64 @101.90 with a 1.99 60ft, he must launch pretty damn hard on slicks to get low 13 seconds out of it. I think he is B.S.in but some people launch pretty har

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
95cobby said:
Very nice! You pulled hard on him in that one vid, was he trying to race you? I plan on going a simuliar route you went just to a 347 instead. I was going crazy just not being able to drive it for the winter. I can't even imagine not being able to drive it for 2 years.... :( :nonono:

haha yea, he was racing me.

He says he can run a 13.3. I dont see why he would lie. :shrug:

95cobby

Established Member
Scream'nCobra said:
haha yea, he was racing me.

He says he can run a 13.3. I dont see why he would lie. :shrug:

Have you taken it to the track yet? What do you think it'll run? Yeah it was kinda funny, you both started out good then you just bolted ahead... :burnout: :burnout:

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
95cobby said:
Have you taken it to the track yet? What do you think it'll run? Yeah it was kinda funny, you both started out good then you just bolted ahead... :burnout: :burnout:

Not yet, its still not tuned. I need to make an appointment with Anderson to get it dyno tuned. Once it is, then i'll bring it to the track. It will definitely be tuned for MSC on May 28th. I think it will run low 13's, high 12's if i'm good.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Frankly, I don't think Dove's GT could run bottom 13's, maybe mid 13's at best. But with the headers he has, maybe. :shrug: You ever gonna have that thing at Mizzou? We should run. That'de be a close race from a roll I think. Can't wait for the Procharger and LT's... :burnout:

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Frankly, I don't think Dove's GT could run bottom 13's, maybe mid 13's at best. But with the headers he has, maybe. :shrug: You ever gonna have that thing at Mizzou? We should run. That'de be a close race from a roll I think. Can't wait for the Procharger and LT's... :burnout:

Regardless of what he runs, even if he does run mid 13's, i was pulling on him pretty good. With 8.5:1 compression, mid-low 13's is pretty good. I expected it to run low 14's, high 13's at best.

I'll bring it down after spring break and we will set something up. You got a good camera to take a vid?

BLK_03

Established Member
RippinSVT said:

Just to let it be known, Dove will be running MUCH faster than that as of today... :dw: ...longtubes or not!!! :thumbsup:

I guess that run w/ Andrew was the straw that broke the camel's back...

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Right on, I hope Dove's car gets a lot done to it. Screamin, your cool looks like a strong runner, especially with such low compression. I'll get a video camera and we can run 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread