AFS wheels

svtrookie

Established Member
I too was was super excited when they announced they were making another batch of 18”s this summer.

However, a week before I was set to order, I decided to check the terminator marketplace here and noticed a post someone had made looking for a set. I saw a new member had posted that he had a set in like new condition with used tires and no one had responded so I followed that lead. I paid $1100 plus $190 in freight. About three days later I receive my shipment and was blow away by the condition of the wheels.

Pictures with the wheels on my car (I added new toyo proxes), thanks SVTPerformance!
View attachment 1636412

View attachment 1636413

View attachment 1636415

Good luck to everyone looking for a set. These wheels on a Terminator are an absolute match made in heaven! IMO

Looks amazing! What’s the specs on the tire size and suspension drop? Rolled fenders?

Zunit2345

Established Member
Looks amazing! What’s the specs on the tire size and suspension drop? Rolled fenders?

Hey man, thanks for the compliment!

Tires are toyo proxes sport in the front 255/40/18 (came with the wheels, I recommend 265/275 by 35/18) and toyo proxes TQ’s 315/35/18 in the rear. The suspension is stock with stock cut springs (1/2 coil all the way around, all ISO in). Fenders have not been rolled yet. I went on a 120 mile mustang cruise yesterday and had no issues with rubbing.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man $2k for heavy ass chyna wheels lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Would be nice if they were spun forged castings, but what’s a better alternative?
You either want the stock look with the right 18” sizing or you’ll save weight.
-J

olympic

Established Member
I've had the AFS wheels in my cart several times but can't pull the trigger...lol! I'm just going to save up and eventually get some nice forged wheels. Here's a couple that I found that have an OEM look.

BC Forged HB35 $4k These intrigue me because they say their wheels can be machined to accept OEM center caps!

HB35_MAIN.jpg

Forgeline FF1 $6k

FF1-Titanium-768x768.png

Last edited:

Saint

Established Member
Not trying to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone noticed the new forged wheel they are offering? Not much of a weight savings on the wheels, but wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Not trying to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone noticed the new forged wheel they are offering? Not much of a weight savings on the wheels, but wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

I’ve seen them and it’s quite tempting. The 03/04 wheel is by far my favorite wheel on the terminator. I too haven’t been able to pull the trigger on the chrome set. The forged are definitely calling my name.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1663823

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very tempting, I cant get away from how much I love the stock style rims. If I get a set of these my options for brake kits increases at least. When do you plan on getting them mounted???

*Slight O.T.*
How hard/much would it take to polish a set of these out and does anyone have some pics??? I really love chrome on my SB but am guessing the quality of the forged rim is better than the chrome one. Have heard too many horror stories of crappy chrome quality with AFS wheels.

D-MANN

Established Member
Very tempting, I cant get away from how much I love the stock style rims. If I get a set of these my options for brake kits increases at least. When do you plan on getting them mounted???

*Slight O.T.*
How hard/much would it take to polish a set of these out and does anyone have some pics??? I really love chrome on my SB but am guessing the quality of the forged rim is better than the chrome one. Have heard too many horror stories of crappy chrome quality with AFS wheels.

Im not sure when i will mount these. The car is parked till next year. The quality on the AFS forged wheel is top notch. I can’t find a single blemish on these wheels. Ive had the cast cobra wheel in chrome and black before from AFS Wheels. The only flaws with the coating on those where around the lug nut holes. Hopefully with them chroming them locally now the end result will be better. The forged wheels will be going on my black 03 that originally came with satin wheels. The brushed 18’s should give it a custom look but still retain that original look that Ford nailed perfectly on our cars.

D-MANN

Established Member
If you do decide to go the forged wheel contact AFS and see if they can make you a set polished. I could see them offering that option at some point. If not you can tell them you will polish them locally and not to do the brushed finish.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
If you do decide to go the forged wheel contact AFS and see if they can make you a set polished. I could see them offering that option at some point. If not you can tell them you will polish them locally and not to do the brushed finish.

The owner is very responsive and it does make me want to seriously consider it. I especially like the proper offset with the forged to avoid a spacer. A polished forged set would be on point!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread