AFR heads

mikes93cobra

Established Member
i was just wondering if the things i was being told were true, i have been told that AFR's are weak heads when it comes to longevity and what not. So if that is true, what are good performing heads that are good for the long haul. here is whats going on with my heads and a compression test. Two didn’t have compression, Here is the draw up #5 cyl had zero compression as well as #4, #1 had 145, #2 had 90, #3 had 115, #6 had 125, #7 had 125, #8 had 120

White96

Established Member
I never heard that, but i haven't had any personaly experince form them trick flow twisted wedge heads are always a popular route

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have never heard that either. You either bent some valves and or broken valve springs, or you have some serious trouble in the bottom end.

mustangbrad

Established Member
I know people that have been using these heads for years and wouldn't consider using anything else. I have seen them used on a daily driver for about 5 years now with no problems.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I haven't heard that either. In fact I have heard the complete opposite.

Coiled03

Established Member
Bent valves, or broken/stuck rings. The quality of AFR heads isn't your issue. It's something in the heads, or the cylinders. You having any oil consumption issues?

Users who are viewing this thread