Afgan EOD tech disarms suicide vest.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Glad to see the training that we're providing is getting put to use.
EOMFD

The real Hurt Locker: Brave Afghan soldier defuses suicide vest as terrorist is still wearing it | Mail Online

"Covered from head to foot in padded protective gear, but with his extremities still dangerously exposed, this Afghan bomb disposal expert took his life in his hands to defuse this suicide bomber's explosive vest.

Security forces captured the would-be martyr before he blew himself up in Jalalabad earlier today, hog-tying the man to stop him detonating the device.

But before the suspected terrorist could be taken in for interrogation, the bomb squad had to be called in for the risky job of disarming the bomb strapped across his chest.

The heavily armoured Afghan National Army man gingerly, in scenes reminiscent of the blockbuster Hollywood war film The Hurt Locker, approached the suicide bomber wielding naught but a pair of wire cutters.

article-0-1A96BC7F000005DC-378_634x522.jpg

After carefully disabling the improvised device, the suspect was loaded, his face bloodied and still bound by his hands and feet, into a flat bed truck to be taken to a detention centre for questioning.

The would-be martyr lies on the ground after his vest was defused: Before the suspected terrorist could be taken in for interrogation, the experts had to be called in for the risky job of disarming the bomb

article-2352009-1A96C359000005DC-742_634x448.jpg

Take him away boys: As the U.S.-led coalition occupying the country negotiates the terms of its withdrawal, dealing with such dangerous situations is a task Afghans will increasingly find themselves carrying out"

article-2352009-1A96D5EB000005DC-953_634x709.jpg

UJjGMM4.gif

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Damn. I would be worried about dual initiation from another terrorist 800 meters away with an RFT-2. Dude is pretty damn brave, and lucky.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Damn. I would be worried about dual initiation from another terrorist 800 meters away with an RFT-2. Dude is pretty damn brave, and lucky.

I can't see it in the pic but I'm hoping/assuming that they had some ECM. Wouldn't surprise me either way though. lol

Luckyeod28

major league infidel
Established Member
Yeah, that is some hurt locker bullshit. The ANA guy putting his hands on it, bombsuit or not, shows that they still have their heads way up their asses. Our training is obviously not taking, or if this is the shit they are learning, then we need to alter the POI.

Users who are viewing this thread