afco dual pass or fluidyne 3 core?

jamrok55

Established Member
about to order a heat exchanger(long overdue) which one will give me the best cooling charge.i know most people run afco so im looking for anyone running the fluidyne for info...thanks

Blueline

Established Member
I bought a Gords for my last Cobra and that is what I will install in this one once I need it, it has the most surface area. The owner of Gords also recommends a single pass over a dual pass, if that matters to you.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I bought a Gords for my last Cobra and that is what I will install in this one once I need it, it has the most surface area. The owner of Gords also recommends a single pass over a dual pass, if that matters to you.

+1

Anything bigger than a Gords and your cutting metal and plastic to get it to fit. All a multi pass radiator is are 2 or more smaller radiators in series. Why choose a long and narrow path for the coolant when you can have a wide and short path with slower flow velocities? Single pass > multi pass

GordsandfactoryCobraheatexchanger2.jpg

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I'll be going to a GT500 dual fan unit when I get the $. Full bumper support replacement. Lose weight and more cooling.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'll be going to a GT500 dual fan unit when I get the $. Full bumper support replacement. Lose weight and more cooling.

You have to cut-up a lot of stuff to get a GT500 HE to fit. I don't think you will see enough drop in temp to make it worth weakening the impact protection the factory bumper plus most of the GT500 HE will be shrouded by the bumper cover. The system doesn't get very hot to begin with. Loosing that last few degrees will be difficult. Fans can't compete with the volume of air that will be generated with the high pressure air generated by a moving car. I would stick with an HE that fits the stock structure it's not worth cutting up a Terminator to fit an oversize HE.

Users who are viewing this thread