AEROMOTIVE STEALTH 340, Pressure issue? Need some suggestions!

SCHOEBEL

Established Member
So I just installed KB 2.1L S/C on my 96 Cobra getting ready to take in to the tuner, trying to get some bugs worked out before taking it in. Main problem I am having is with my fuel pressure, put in a new AEROMOTIVE STEALTH 340 pump and the problem is it takes forever to get up to full pressure 35psi with "Boost referenced" vac. line on stock FPR. When I turn ignition on pump kicks in and my FP Gauge reads 20psi, start it up and it stays @ 20-25psi and then it takes a good 10-15 min before it will go up to 35psi, once it up there it will stay there. I am running stock FPR and 42lb FRP injectors, stock lines and rails, new Motorcraft fuel filter. I just cant figure out why i'm not getting full pressure once the car is running? Anyone have any ideas??? I've pulled out the pump twice after talking to a Aeromotive tech, told me to check the vapor purge valve on bottom of pump for blockage which there was none. Also I did upgrade all pump wiring to 10 gauge as recommended by aeromotive. Thinking about pulling pump a 3rd time and putting stocker back in for now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread