Aeromotive A-1000 help

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
Hey everyone, Happy new year. I am looking at getting a A-1000 fuel pump to put in my car but i am a little confused. If i buy the pump how do i connect it with the stock pump in-tank or do i run it with the stock pump. I have 42lb injector's and a s-trim running 15psi that is going into the car in the spring. Any help with Fuel pump would be great. Thanks

94venomV8

Established Member
that pump flows so much that you don't need to run your stock pump with it. Use it a a stand alone external pump (out of the gas tank). You will have to buy either a sumped tank or a pick up tube for your stock gas tank and then just run the fuel line to the pump and up to your fuel rails. As far as the electrical you will need to wire a relay and fuse but I do not know exactly which ones for that pump to run. I do know that is you have a street car that those pumps are not meant for daily driving and lots of people have had problems with them overheating.

sisky wolf

Established Member
A1000

I,ve run my Aermotive A1000 with 10 and 100 micron filters for 4 years,street driv:banana:en and 800 mile trips...absolutely no overheating problems

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
I used stock wiring for mine, so you wont have to worry to much about that, might just need ot extend the wires., mine is also a daily driver.

You will need to get new fuel lune to go up to the rails and back, and just adapters for your fuel rails, OR get aftermarket rails and FPR.

94venomV8

Established Member
You could do dual external Walbro pumps and they are much more quiet plus they have been proven for the long haul. Maybe the aeromotive has been fixed but I do know about 5 years ago or so there were lots of problems with them. That is what I was going off of before but they could be better I havent looked at them in a long time because the walbros are so dependable I havent had a reason. the price is about the same as well.

chris 96cobra

Established Member
looks like this
IMG_0364.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread