Aeroforce users have a question?

MysticDan

Established Member
Was told by an Aeroforce tech that the fd02 gauge or secondary gauge has to be powered on manually by pressing the button. Is this true? I thought mine both started up with the key on sequence.

gabe1530

Banned
Mine does this. When I first installed them they would both turn on and now I have to manually press the button.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Mine does this. When I first installed them they would both turn on and now I have to manually press the button.

How long have you had them? Is there something wrong with yours?

I installed a dual set last fall. If memory serves me correct, the OBDII harness had two connections to power both. Mine both power on but the 2nd gauge takes 10-20 seconds longer to power on.

gabe1530

Banned
ive had mine for over 2 years. they still function great.

both go to one connector that plugs into the obd2. when i first got mine they would both turn on like i mentioned earlier. the second gauge would turn on a second or so after the first one. not 10-20 like your experiencing.
now, the second gauge doesn't turn on unless i push the button.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Occasionally both of mine will come on at startup, but more often than not, I end up pushing the button on the second one (and sometimes even on both of them). Doesn't really bother me that much.

MysticDan

Established Member
I 've had mine for almost 2 years now and from what i remember they both turned on upon start up. Then all of a sudden it took a button press for the second gauge. Well i sent both gauges and wiring in to be checked for peace of mind. They end up replacing the processor in the second gauge. So fast forward to a few days ago i get the gauges back and the second gauge does the same thing! I had to exchange about 6 emails to find out that this is normal! The customer service i recived thru email was horrible. I am about ready to post my experience in roadside but wanted to see if what i was told was true.

cobra fern

Established Member
Since we are on the topic about these gauges , I have a question for you guys . I bought a single aeroforce gauge for my car a couple years ago from lethal and now I want to install another aeroforce gauge . What do I need to add a second gauge , just buy another gauge and buy a obd2 splitter . Thanks for the help

MysticDan

Established Member
Pretty sure all you need is the other gauge and the wiring. Might want to double check with some of the vendors on here tho!

cobracide

Established Member
For me, Both gauges power up. First the master then the slave. When the battery is disconnnected, the gauges might "glitch" where the second will fail to power up. I shut the car down, unplug both gauges. Wait a minute, then plug the gauges in and then they power up in sequence.

This is the ORIGINAL aeroforce, at least one chip has been changed along with the firmware since then.

cobracide

Established Member
Since we are on the topic about these gauges , I have a question for you guys . I bought a single aeroforce gauge for my car a couple years ago from lethal and now I want to install another aeroforce gauge . What do I need to add a second gauge , just buy another gauge and buy a obd2 splitter . Thanks for the help

No- there is a slave and master gauge and they are DIFFERENT. See my post above.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
its my understanding you need to tell them youre adding a second gauge so they can set it up to be the second/slave gauge and theyll send the correct OBD2 plug for dual gauges as well

Users who are viewing this thread