Aeroforce oil pressure kit install problems

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I decided to install my Aeroforce Oil Pressure kit today. I wired everything just like this pic below ( I stole from another member on here) except I went to analog 1 on the green wire. I used the resistor and entered the slope value of 37.2 and the intercept value of -18.4 based off the instructions and since I'm using the resistor.

I then did an add a circuit to the red wire coming off the 5v regulator with a 2 amp fuse in it. I then plugged that into fuse 20 which is suppose to be the convertible top, I have a coupe so it should be unused. When I turned the ignition on my oil psi said 165psi and when I started it, it did not change. When the key is turned off the value changed to -18.4. So I tried a different fuse, number 21 I thought was the instrument cluster and got the same results.

Am I missing something or did I do something wrong?

IMAG0087_zpscc2f0539.jpg

Blueline

Established Member
The red and green are not used, unless you are powering up the gauge with a switched power source and not the OBD cable. The green unused one would be for an anlog 2 input, another add on kit.

Unless I am missing something it looks like you have it wired correctly. Did you start the car?

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
The red and green are not used, unless you are powering up the gauge with a switched power source and not the OBD cable. The green unused one would be for an anlog 2 input, another add on kit.

Unless I am missing something it looks like you have it wired correctly. Did you start the car?

Ignore the picture asking about the other 2 wires off the gauge connection. This was someone else's drawing. I thought green was analog 1 and white was analog 2. And yes I did start the car and the reading stayed at 165PSI.

The 2 black wires are just connected together. It gets its ground through the OBD connection from other posts I've read.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Those two black wires need to go to a ground, thats your problem.

+1, if memory serves me right I put those two black wires to a ground. I can go out and double check.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You're right thank you so much. I'm just an idiot and thought it was grounded through the OBD connector. Appreciate the help everyone.

shit happens... the only connection the sensor add-ons have to the gauge is wire sending the 0-5 volt signal so theres really not any way the gauge can provide a ground to the add-on sensor kits

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Yeah that makes since. I'm horrible at wiring, probably the reason I leaned more towards the Interceptor gauges in the first place. At least I'll know from now on when I add more things. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread