Aeroforce gauges

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
I'm really considering two Aeroforce gauges for the Cobra because of all the parameters it can read from just the OBDII, then the addition of a fuel pressure sensor to read that. From anyone that has them or has seen them, are there any more advantages to them? Anything you dislike about them? Would you trade them for something else? How's the built-in shift light? Also, I'd like to see pictures of people's Aeroforces, especially night shots in Cobras.

Convince me to buy these, I'm tired of trying to make my mind up!

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Panturia said:
I'm really considering two Aeroforce gauges for the Cobra because of all the parameters it can read from just the OBDII, then the addition of a fuel pressure sensor to read that. From anyone that has them or has seen them, are there any more advantages to them? Anything you dislike about them? Would you trade them for something else? How's the built-in shift light? Also, I'd like to see pictures of people's Aeroforces, especially night shots in Cobras.

Convince me to buy these, I'm tired of trying to make my mind up!

i have them, and i like them so far. i'm not too much of a 'gadget' guy, but there's TONS more you can monitor with these things, and you can datalog with them as well. i have the dual guage set-up with the guages mounted on either side of the instrument cluster (there's an autometer pod that replaces the factory guage bezel, and holds both guages). its not obvious to the passerby that you have extra guages, because they are not on the a-pillar. you can run two analog inputs to each guage. i have the 3 bar MAP sensor to measure boost--i'm running around 17 psi. the shift lights are two LED lights that are pretty bright.

so far, i'm very pleased with the guages, i'll try to take some pics this weekend and post them. they seem like quality pieces so far, and like advertised, you can measure everything with them, and display 4 things at once.

kirk

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I love mine due to all the parameters you can see and monitor. Mine has had some issues, nothing unplugging it from the OBD-2 port a time or 3 didnt fix, maybe I have an early one with a bug.
Fuel pressure is monitored by the ECM and is one of the parameters.
Oil pressure is the one analog input I would like to add due to Ford using a switch instead of a sender. I am not worried about A/f as I think I have a good tune......

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
Fuel pressure is measured by the PCM? I thought that's why you had to buy a sensor for it - because it's an analog input.

Pretty convincing, anymore people with them? I'm most likely buying them and getting the black bezel, silver face, green display. I would like a blue display to match the Sonic Blue, but I hate the idea of having a green gauge cluster and blue A pillar gauges. I'd need to see some pictures.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Here are 2 pics I snapped last night.
Sorry about the blurry night shot without the flash, apparently Nikon coolpix is teh' trash for taking such pics, made in vietnam, no wonder why. :xpl:

Monitoring IAT2 temp on top and fuel pressure on bottom, yes fuel pressure is measured by the FRPS=fuel rail pressre sensor, this info is used to drive the variable speed fuel pump used in the supper crappy returnless fuel injection. :rollseyes
220771_78_full.jpg

220771_79_full.jpg

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
you can set the brightness of the display even---there are endless options.

my next move is to order a wideband, and hook it up to one of the analog inputs.

here's the thread to read through if you haven't already.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366833

Just read through the thread and it made my mind up, I'm definitely going with them. Only thing is I don't see a shift light on the newer style Interceptors, hopefully they didn't take them off. If so, there's another $110 for a Raptor shift light.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Panturia said:
Just read through the thread and it made my mind up, I'm definitely going with them. Only thing is I don't see a shift light on the newer style Interceptors, hopefully they didn't take them off. If so, there's another $110 for a Raptor shift light.

i bought mine a couple months ago, and they have the shift light on them. i just drove the car to work--its nice and cool out, my intake temps were below 100 degrees for a good part of the trip. there's so much to monitor, its overwhelming. i frequently monitor intake air temp, boost, coolant temp, mph, fuel pressure, fuel pump duty cycle, and timing. they even have ways to calculate your 0 to 60mph times, and 1/4 mile times, as well as hp--how accurate they are?? i don't know, so i don't use them.

send a pm to 'forcefedjunkie' i think that's his name--he answered all my pm's and was helpful, even with my impatience (i ordered mine when they had quite a backlog)

doegus

Established Member
ive got the dual gauge set-up. ive had some issues with mine...had to send the cable back...sometimes they dont light up and i have to unplug the obd2 connector a few times. when they work right they are awesome

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Doe; they sent you a new cable ? Or you or aero figured the cable is bad over that problem ?
Mayhaps I should put a little effort into fixing my problem even if it costs me $20 for a new cable. in 6 months I have had the problem maybe 3-4 times.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Panturia said:
Is it maybe an issue because you guys don't have a 12v source hardwired? Or do you?

the power comes from the OBD port. fords do NOT need a power source for the guages. they DO require a 5 volt source if you're going to run an analog input. for my analog boost set-up, i tapped into a 12V power source in the fuse box, and then got a device to limit the output to 5V going into the 3 bar MAP sensor.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Todd from AeroForce was just at my house yesterday with a gauge for the 06 GT and he gave me the rundown on EVERYTHING these gauges do. He lost me half way through. It is incredible how many different parameters you can monitor.

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
TERMIN8TR said:
Todd from AeroForce was just at my house yesterday with a gauge for the 06 GT and he gave me the rundown on EVERYTHING these gauges do. He lost me half way through. It is incredible how many different parameters you can monitor.

Where at in Ohio are you? Cleveland?

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
They have alot of functions, I use mine to monitor parameters and check a MIL here and there. I do not use the MPG, the HP, the 1/4 Mile & 0-60 calculators as I feel they are gimmicks at best.
The live datastreams are good enough for me and even with the few problems I had with mine if it died tomorrow I would be right back buying another.

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
See now that is the new style gauge with a shift light. How come the new ones I see on their website don't show the shift lights on the top like this?

black_red3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread