Aeroforce Gauges!

mark23svt

Established Member
Finally looking to install these gauges into my car, I did some research but could not find a direct answer to some questions I have. Sorry if they are dumb questions just not very good when it comes to electrical.

First question is if I’m running them to my obd2 port do I still need to find a 12v location to plug a fuse too. And if so which one do you guys recommend? Also if I run them to obd2 port do they automatically shut off? Reason I ask since I didn’t need my key to turn them on to make sure they are working.

I’m also running a 5v kit that comes with it for the oil pressure switch not sure if that makes it any different.

And I guess last question is do you guys run it (the wires) through the side of the dash by the door or find a small path by the end of the windshield under the dash? Videos I’ve seen I’ve seen people run them both ways. Trying to make it a clean look even though I couldn’t find any speed of hut pillars so i have to tap in through the stock pillar.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
OBD2 will power it. It will go to sleep but have a small draw if left plugged in.

I always ran wires through the firewall on the driver side.

mark23svt

Established Member
OBD2 will power it. It will go to sleep but have a small draw if left plugged in.

I always ran wires through the firewall on the driver side.
Oh ok thank you. You recommended I unplug every night or only if the car will sit for a while? Thanks for the response.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh ok thank you. You recommended I unplug every night or only if the car will sit for a while? Thanks for the response.
Overnight shouldn’t be an issue, if it was gonna sit for a few days id probably unplug it. It doesn’t have to be reprogrammed or anything

mark23svt

Established Member
You'll need a 12v ignition switched power wire for the 5v regulator. Easiest way to do that is with an "Add a Fuse" in the fuse box.
Awesome I got one of those just incase, any suggestions where would be the best place for it? And it’s only for the extra oil pressure switch.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran an Aeroforce for a few years and the only time I unplugged it was when I was datalogging. The car would sit for a couple weeks at a time too.

For power I tapped into the circuit for the vert top. But I have a coupe so the spot was open.

mark23svt

Established Member
I ran an Aeroforce for a few years and the only time I unplugged it was when I was datalogging. The car would sit for a couple weeks at a time too.

For power I tapped into the circuit for the vert top. But I have a coupe so the spot was open.
Awesome, thank you I was actually about to ask if that one was a good spot. Just one more question I’m sorry, which fuses do you recommend for that spot? Since there is no fuse there I’m wondering which two fuses I should put once I do connect it.

mark23svt

Established Member
IMG_6427.jpeg
Hey guys so about done wired everything I believe. Only question I have left is are these two wires connected to anything? Also I tried scrolling through the gauges but I don’t see the option of oil pressure on the aeroforce gauge (not sure if car has to be on).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
its been a while but I believe two of the wires on the aeroforce are for the additional analog inputs. If you have the oil pressure add on one of the wires from that will be the signal wire to the aeroforce. You'll have to go in and manually set up the analog add on (i think the wire color tells you if its input 1 or 2).

by default, there is no oil pressure reading because the factory sender it basically a 3 position dummy light - oil pressure is so low youre ****ed, its normal-ish, oil pressure is so high you're ****ed

mark23svt

Established Member
its been a while but I believe two of the wires on the aeroforce are for the additional analog inputs. If you have the oil pressure add on one of the wires from that will be the signal wire to the aeroforce. You'll have to go in and manually set up the analog add on (i think the wire color tells you if its input 1 or 2).

by default, there is no oil pressure reading because the factory sender it basically a 3 position dummy light - oil pressure is so low youre ****ed, its normal-ish, oil pressure is so high you're ****ed
Dam man thank you once again, makes sense now. I appreciate it brotha!

olympic

Established Member
Green and white are analog inputs 1 and 2, red is ignition switched power but is only to be used an a few specific GM vehicles.

mark23svt

Established Member
Green and white are analog inputs 1 and 2, red is ignition switched power but is only to be used an a few specific GM vehicles.
You think I connected something wrong? Turned on the car but analog 1 or 2 show 0 and I connected the wires as instructed. Blue to white left the green and red alone.

mark23svt

Established Member
Also not sure if it’s right but connected it to the convertible fuse spot with an add a fuse using a mini 10 and 5 fuses.

mark23svt

Established Member
Did you follow the instructions with the sensor to add it and put in the slope/intercept formulas etc?
I believe I did as instructed. I matched the instructions and took everyone’s advice. I just need to recheck all the wiring make sure everything is hooked up correctly and nothing is loose. All the wires are still all over I didn’t want to start putting everything back and something was off.

mark23svt

Established Member
So got it to read but it’s only showing from 1. Something to 2. Something when I rev. So I’m close lol I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread