AeroForce Gauges Question

93VORTECH

Established Member
Over the weekend I installed my Aeroforce Gauges. Here's a pic but I just had one question...for now. When I start the car only one of the gauges power on...and I have to press a button on the second gauge for it to power on. Is this common? Or is there a setting? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 133

01yellercobra

Established Member
How long have you waited to see when the second one comes on? Mine takes a minute or so to turn on. My coworkers was the same way.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've had mine for years, and it was the consensus when I asked about this in the past that it's normal. I usually have to press the button on one of mine, although occasionally they both come on when starting the car. Awesome gauges!

olympic

Established Member
Over the weekend I installed my Aeroforce Gauges. Here's a pic but I just had one question...for now. When I start the car only one of the gauges power on...and I have to press a button on the second gauge for it to power on. Is this common? Or is there a setting? Thanks in advance

Mine does the same, kind of random actually. I have found that if you unplug them from the OBD port for a few seconds they will they both start acting normally again, at least for a little while.

93VORTECH

Established Member
Mine does the same, kind of random actually. I have found that if you unplug them from the OBD port for a few seconds they will they both start acting normally again, at least for a little while.

Ok cool thanks. I'll give that a try

MysticDan

Established Member
Mine did that! I had to send them in for some rework and when they came back they both work at every start up

93VORTECH

Established Member
I have the same setup and mine does the same thing. I have to turn it on manually.

Last week I actually contacted a guy at AEROFORCE and he told me what we can do to solve this problem so that they BOTH come on when the key is turned on.

* Connect to 12v power. The center pin (RED WIRE) of the 3 wire harness is for switched 12v power. """" IF the gauge is not turning on/off as desired with power coming from the OBD2 port"""" you can use this method of power as an alternative. Connect switched 12v power first by removing the jumper on the back of the Gauge next to the main connector. (Just pull it out) Then connect a separate red power wire, which exits the middle of the 3 wire mini cable to a switched 12v line or circuit in the vehicle. These circuits are commonly known as “accessory” circuits because they are only “hot” when the ignition is turned on. A recommended way of doing this step is to use a product called an “Add a Circuit”, made by Littlefuse, available at most car parts outlets. These kits, which sell for under $10, allow you to easily use an existing circuit in the fuse block, such as the power windows, sunroof, etc. to power the gauge only when the ignition is on, known as ACC circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread