Aerofirce A/F ratios and E85

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
I just hooked up Aeroforce's wide band O2 kit for my Aeroforce gauge. I'm curious if the A/F ratio that it's reading while burning E85 is the same that it would be if I was burning regular 92 octane unleaded? My tune was set for ~11.3 at WOT, and I'm currently seeing 11.8-11.9:1 with this new gauge. I understand that there is a margin of error in the sensors, anyone have an idea of what that might be for the Bosch sensors? I wonder if the there is a different slope and intersect setting for the Aeroforce gauges while burning
E85?

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
You have to remember that AFR is a moving target. Even though its setup for 11.3 does not mean it will be 11.3 on the dot all the time. It can go +/-

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
E85 makes no difference in what the gauge reads because the gauge takes lambda readings and then converts it to a number you are more familiar with. There are so many variables that can effect your reading (old sensor, placement, exhaust leaks, grounding errors, etc.), goal is to just get close and if you aren't comfortable with 11.8-11.9, then add a few more percent to your upper MAF Xfer function. One would only hope it would error high, not low. It would suck for a wideband to read 11.8, but you are really pulling, 12.8. Wouldn't hurt to see what your plugs look like as they don't lie.

Alex

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
DSG2NV03 is correct. O2 sensors don't know what fuel is being used. They just calculate burnt VS unburnt fuel and give you a Lambda reading in volts. The gauge just converts these volts to a number people use for A/F.

11.8-11.9 is fine on E85. (With the gauge set on a gasoline scale)

Users who are viewing this thread