AEM wideband???

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
i am installing the AEM wide band and just want to make sure im doing it right. it has 4 wires, power, ground, 0-5v, and one for serial. the 0-5v and serial are optional but where would the 0-5v go? is it just for fuel management systems or what? help me out.

JollyGiant

Established Member
The 0-5v is for the AEM engine management system.

There is a switch on the back of the wideband (P0-P4) which changes the output on that wire so it can also be used as an oxygen sensor input to the ECM for different types of cars. (P4 is supposed to work for Lightnings)

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
thats what im gonna do to, i called AEM and they said it goes to O2 input #1 on the ECU but im not gonna mess with it.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
So All You Use Is 2 Wires To Get This Thing To Work. I Gust Ordered One This Week. just use Power & Ground!

Last edited:

MY DREAM

Established Member
I'm sorry this may sound dumb, but it plugs into what module? I am looking to buy the $280 kit from RPM, I was wondering how all the wiring hooks up. I assume thier is a wire that needs to go to a O2 sensor, a power conection and a ground. Is this right?

James

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The WBC has a central box that the sensor connects into and then hooks up to the gauge. There are a few connections to make but nothing really difficult to do.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
the wire goes from the back of the gauge all the way down to the o2 sensor supplied with the kit. it has a connector like 4'' back from the o2 sensor to make the install easier. it is really easy to install, just did mine last week.if you need any help just ask, i got some pics.

MY DREAM

Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
the wire goes from the back of the gauge all the way down to the o2 sensor supplied with the kit. it has a connector like 4'' back from the o2 sensor to make the install easier. it is really easy to install, just did mine last week.if you need any help just ask, i got some pics.

Oh hell ya, pics are my best friend. That would be great, thanks for the help.

James

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I am pretty sure I can get you guys AEM widebands for 249.00 plus shipping..if anybody is interested let me know and I will make some calls and see if I still can.

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
Need a couple more people interested and I will take some time and call a couple people and see if i can get the hook up...

Users who are viewing this thread