AEM Short-ram to CAI, review and questions.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
First off, thanks to New Edge for being damned quick with the shipping. And no thanks to UPS for being a bunch of f***ups and forgetting to bring it by Thursday.

Going from the Short-ram to the CAi is like going from night to day. Throttle response is about the same, just a little more noticeable from idle. The loud, throaty growl isnt. I did a little research work before I took the short ram off. Using a laser temp gauge, the CAI was getting air nearly 30 degrees cooler the short-ram.

Installation, except for finding my fing torx bits, was a breeze. About 30mins to get the short-ram off and CAI in. I did have to make a run to the parts store to grab some 1/2in heater hose because the 5/8in that came with the CAI was a good deal to big. Everything went so smoothly i didnt even have to take the battery out, or bend the horn mounts like some people mentioned.

A couple of questions. The CAI makes a very loud whistle, almost like a extended blow off valve noise, in the midrange rpms. Ive re-checked all my clamps and the breather hose a few times now and its all secure. It doesnt seem to be hurting anything, so my question is, is it normal?

Also, im beginning to save for the JRSC, and putting a little extra back for a larger pulley kit when it becomes available. Should I keep the short-ram laying around or pass it along to a buddy?

Steeltwo

Established Member
holy fark me up the ass

300 bones for that thing?????

why not make one with pvc and grab a tapered K&N to slap on the end and save about two bills?

i see you get a free license plate holder
maybe thats why? :rolling:

Steeltwo

Established Member
265 for the part, still you could make it

but then again, I have a dsm mentality. So if I can make it, I will :)

forgot that some people have nice cars and were made in the last 10 years .

Users who are viewing this thread